What's new

ALEADER KILLER 80w

Mezzer

Initiate
hi all.

I wondered if you could give me a bit of advice.

I’ve recently bought an aleader killer 80w.

Can anyone confirm whether this is regulated or not? I have a Joytech Icon RDA on and am currently at 0.1 ohms on dual Alien coils.

The battery I’m using is a Samsung INR 18650 30q (I believe this is a 20amp battery)

I suppose my main question is.... am I safe?

Thanks in advance

Mez

Yes, it is a regulated mod, I believe it has a chip in it made by Sxk. I have a Druga on mine, running at 0.16 ohms and its perfectly safe. Not sure on the battery though, I've never used that one before, I always use the Samsung 25R and have no issues with that. Running mine at 52 watts and that is showing the amps at about 17.5.

That's a regulated device to you can take ohms out of the equation altogether.

Quick way to work out if you are safe is to divide power by minimum voltage. Example :-

You are running at 50w and your device cuts off at 3.2v (It may be higher it maybe lower on the ALeader, you would need to check), you just need to add 5% to watts to take into account board inefficiency (that's just being ultra safe).

52.5W ÷ 3.2V = 16.4amps.

If running at 80w it's 84W ÷ 3.2V = 26.2amps.

If 20w it's 21W ÷ 3.2V = 6.5amps

Etc.

That's the quickest and easiest way to work it out. Only need to worry about ohms of you are using a mechanical device then it's completely different.

I like it however there are 2 manufacturer flaws....

1) the sleep mode can be pretty frustrating sometimes.......you really need to chain vape to keep this thing awake!! no biggie though

2) i got unlucky with the leak lottery. Even with the o ring fix it can still leak sometimes and i mean like a sieve!!

Got onto FT about this about returning and having played the 'game' with them before i got 15 and a alf bucks back from them(50% of cost to me). They originally tried to offer 10 but i told them no thanks . I know how they deal with this so i expected to go down this route!!

What about the fix guys???.......has anyone tried a 2nd o ring at the 510...does it help?? Any other ideas???...i've tried opening up to see what is going on and if any juice on board but it doesn't seem to want to come out. as easily as the wraith, for example.

ps- i have this, wraith, 2 squeezes and a Dripbox 160 . The best 2 in my opinon are the sqeeze and the Dripbox. I have a VT Inbox on the slowboat and by all acoounts i'll see a difference then.

I like it however there are 2 manufacturer flaws....

1) the sleep mode can be pretty frustrating sometimes.......you really need to chain vape to keep this thing awake!! no biggie though

2) i got unlucky with the leak lottery. Even with the o ring fix it can still leak sometimes and i mean like a sieve!!

Got onto FT about this about returning and having played the 'game' with them before i got 15 and a alf bucks back from them(50% of cost to me). They originally tried to offer 10 but i told them no thanks . I know how they deal with this so i expected to go down this route!!

What about the fix guys???.......has anyone tried a 2nd o ring at the 510...does it help?? Any other ideas???...i've tried opening up to see what is going on and if any juice on board but it doesn't seem to want to come out. as easily as the wraith, for example.

ps- i have this, wraith, 2 squeezes and a Dripbox 160 . The best 2 in my opinon are the sqeeze and the Dripbox. I have a VT Inbox on the slowboat and by all acoounts i'll see a difference then.
My first one was drippy. Not majorly but enough to annoy. Pop the 510 out. Probably need to de solder and resolder the pos and neg wire's but no big deal. Then rebuild and tighten the 510 system. Pop some fresh orings in (I found plenty in old rta spare packs). It seems a few haven't been well tightened up.
Ft have a tutorial I the discussion section.
Love my inbox and have no leaks but the aleader is actually less rattley. And I rate the build quality.

My first one was drippy. Not majorly but enough to annoy. Pop the 510 out. Probably need to de solder and resolder the pos and neg wire's but no big deal. Then rebuild and tighten the 510 system. Pop some fresh orings in (I found plenty in old rta spare packs). It seems a few haven't been well tightened up.
Ft have a tutorial I the discussion section.
Love my inbox and have no leaks but the aleader is actually less rattley. And I rate the build quality.

Thanks buddy....yeah, it's a shame because i think the pros outweigh the cons.....i'm kinda a pint half full of guy and for the money i thought it was a decent buy. Way too technical for me....you lost me at de solder:( I actually bought a pack of the rings suggested when i bought it. I will go thorugh my other stuff and there's plenty (some unopened) to find a similar but maybe slightly fatter o ring. I browse the Squonk section at FT as there's a lot of great info in there but i haven't seen that tutorial. I'll have a gander.

thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom