What's new

Advice on a potential first Squonk/RDA setup

I know. Picked another up in the classies this week, courtesy of @Rob. So I should be set for a while[emoji16]. I got the YFTK version of the Riviera & it's been faultless on the Atto mech. Will stick the bf pin in & chuck it on a Runt maybe cos filling is about fiddly with the small fill hole. At least you can't over squonk an RDTA & you can keep the wicks wet [emoji106]
That could be the one I sold to rob a while back, they don’t come up for sale much anymore, so worth grabbing when they do, I still have a black one that I wouldn’t part with, just looked for a riviera seeing as you rate it, can’t find any clones in the uk tho, looks like I’m gonna have to order one from FT...

Yup, that's the one!!! I knew it came from That Bloke whose name I always forget ;););) (No offence intended @gravystain )

Just wondering whether I had anything suitable here for the OP but I'm light on Squonkers, well...... unless you'd like a Zen that is.......... :2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

And a Haku Phenom Clone?? Muwahahahaha

Yup, that's the one!!! I knew it came from That Bloke whose name I always forget ;););) (No offence intended @gravystain )

Just wondering whether I had anything suitable here for the OP but I'm light on Squonkers, well...... unless you'd like a Zen that is.......... :2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

That’s how I like it rob, still here but forgotten about...
Lovely bit of kit that is it, I wouldn’t say the zen is a squonker for a first timer, I do still have the one I got from you back In January...

Well it’s peaked my interest enough to have a look , that Zen mod does look like a lovely bit of kit, that price though :11:. I’ll have another look in a year or so when the experience and bank balance have increased :grin2:

From reading your posts and taking into account what you said I’d say you would be best off going with a single cell squonker and a single coil rda, its much easier to build on a single coil rda, ideal for starting out, something like the topside 90watt with a molicel p42a cell would give you good battery life, if you don’t like the look of the topside, look at the hotcig rsq, it’s only 18650 but 2 batteries should last all day with a 0.6 build, and for an rda something like the d-pro mini, the drop solo is good but if you wanna run at 0.6 resistance you may find you have to close the airflow down a fair bit, to much airflow will kill the flavour, the d-pro mini is 22mm with a small top cap and I find works well with a 0.5 - 0.6 coil, very good flavour from it, for wire would be worth trying some flatwire uk flatsixty, 24 gauge, 7 wraps with 3mm id would give you about 0.6 build on a single coil, super clean wire with absolutely no metallic taste to it....

Thank @gravystain :) I think I’m definitely going to heed the advice given and look at a single coil rda to begin with, it does make a lot of sense. I’ll have a look at the different rda’s suggested.

The hotcig mod looks decent too and wasn’t one I’d seen before when I was initially searching... decisions decisions :2thumbsup:

Well it’s peaked my interest enough to have a look , that Zen mod does look like a lovely bit of kit, that price though :11:. I’ll have another look in a year or so when the experience and bank balance have increased :grin2:
Rob’s zen is in the classifieds, you need a 100 posts to access it, i’m guessing you looked at it on google, his is a lot cheaper than rrp, but the zen is a mech tho, which means no board, no screen, no wattage adjustments, just battery and rda on top with contacts to connect the 2 together and a button to fire it, not really suitable for a first crack at squonking...

Thank @gravystain :) I think I’m definitely going to heed the advice given and look at a single coil rda to begin with, it does make a lot of sense. I’ll have a look at the different rda’s suggested.

The hotcig mod looks decent too and wasn’t one I’d seen before when I was initially searching... decisions decisions :2thumbsup:
That’s it, decisions, decisions, lots of advice on hand should you need it, rda and build is the important bit, that will determine how it’s going to vape, you need to look for something suited to your style of vaping, some rda’s are airy and some are more restricted, the mod is just the way of firing it, most of the mods mentioned here will do the job fine, just don’t spend a fortune on one to start off with, you never know you may find squonking is not for you...

@Flashheart--o-- of course......... You could also do an awful lot worse than having a look at what will be offered as prizes in The 2019 Charity Raffle. :)
The List of prizes will go live on Saturday 13th. I will say that there have been some tremendous items donated by members and there should be something to suit everyone's needs.

@gravystain yeah it was only a quick google as figured it would be a mech, hadn’t realised there was one for sale but rest assured, regulated only for me at this stage!

I have a Vandy Vape Pulse X which I use a lot. It's regulated, takes a 2x700 (as well as an 18650) so it can last most of the day. The body is plastic but it feels solid, takes the abuse, and it's light and easy to use. You see the Pulse 80W advertised more often than the Pulse X - fellow Apes may be able to advise whether it is similar.

The VapeFly Pixie is a nice little single coil SRDA, a flavour banger that you can pick up for £15-20.

Back
Top Bottom