What's new

Anyone with a Kanger Subtank Mini? Help needed.

Lockett

Postman
So picked one of these up the other day, got it mainly for the RBA section. Built up the RBA section and put it all together just to end up having a 'Check Atomiser' warning appearing on my devices (both my Vaporflasks and rDNA40).

I pin pointed the issue to a gap between the gold 510 pin of the Subtanks base and the RBA section as can be seen through the AFC (pic to follow)

I just wondered if I was the only one with this issue or others have experienced this, I don't think I can fix this issue as there is no movement in the 510 pin to close the gap, but was just looking to see if anyone else had the problem also.

I have no issues with the stock coils, just the RBA section.

@myepack - Ash I hope you don't mind me tagging you in this mate as I emailed you this morning regarding this, but I'm not sure if you still have issues with your email system :)

Pic%201.jpg

Last edited:
Have you checked that it isn't cross threaded it's easily done

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I can't really help. Is the rba base screwed firmly into the main base? The 510 pin, it's not loosened and needs pushing back in slightly? Maybe worth trying loosening the pin (with the four holes in the sides) in the underneath of the rba base, although I'm pretty sure that should be done up finger tight. Sorry I can't be more help, please keep us updated.

I can't really help. Is the rba base screwed firmly into the main base? The 510 pin, it's not loosened and needs pushing back in slightly? Maybe worth trying loosening the pin (with the four holes in the sides) in the underneath of the rba base, although I'm pretty sure that should be done up finger tight. Sorry I can't be more help, please keep us updated.

Hi buddy. The RBA section is screwed down as far as it will go. I do not have any movement in the 510 pin so I can't adjust it in any way. I tried to loosen the bottom of the RBA with the holes in and the top of the deck just becomes very loose and unusable. Thanks though :)

Hey Lockett, I realise it's not easy but can you try and get 2 more pics, one of each of the (non) connecting pins in the airhole. I can maybe try to gauge as to which bit is out.

Hey @Lockett, I realise it's not easy but can you try and get 2 more pics, one of each of the (non) connecting pins in the airhole. I can maybe try to gauge as to which bit is out.

I can only assume you mean like this buddy?

Pic 1:

510 Pin Removed:

IMG_1199.jpg

Pic 2:

510 Pin Only

IMG_1197.jpg

Sorry, I was about as unclear as possible! I meant to have it together like in the original pic, 2 pics into the airhole, one slightly up, the other slightly down. Just to see if it was possible to actually see which of the two wasn't protruding enough. It looks like the lower one isn't as high as mine (the one coming down looks to be about right). Just hard to tell. If you put a disposable coil in, and it reaches down low enough, that'd suggest it's the underneath of the rba section not reaching down far enough. Sorry I'm not being much help.

Sorry, I was about as unclear as possible! I meant to have it together like in the original pic, 2 pics into the airhole, one slightly up, the other slightly down. Just to see if it was possible to actually see which of the two wasn't protruding enough. It looks like the lower one isn't as high as mine (the one coming down looks to be about right). Just hard to tell. If you put a disposable coil in, and it reaches down low enough, that'd suggest it's the underneath of the rba section not reaching down far enough. Sorry I'm not being much help.

Lol thanks anyways pal. So you think the 510 pin is a little on the short side?

I don't suppose it would be a pain in the ass if you could pop your 510 pin out and measure it? Big ask I know. If you can't its not a problem :)

Back
Top Bottom