What's new

Yet another question

Bit the bullet and bought a kick for just £13.

I know this means my mech is longer really a mech, but it gives me a little bit of control, which I like.

I've just built a 1.35ohm coil, slightly diagonal to the posts and about 1.5mm above the deck.

I'm now happily vaping away on some Chiricuhua Sun and will be playing with the kick wattage control this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Having recently got a new mech, I too had been struggling to find the perfect build for my Kayfun.

1.2 ohms was a good all rounder, but didn't have a good kick. Below 1.0 and things got dry.

Then I had a brainwave - I had a bag of cellucotton I'd never used because everybody started slagging it off and Muji had also arrived.

I built a 0.3 mm coil at 0.8 ohms and stuffed it ( really stuffed it, this stuff is very light) with cellucotton and Bingo!

The result is fantastic. Hits like a train, no trace of burning and a deeper flavour than Muji. I can't wait to try it on my other tanks, luckily I have a lifetime's supply.

Using 8 wraps of 28 gauge wire with 2mm diameter seems perfect to me on a kayfun

Using 8 wraps of 28 gauge wire with 2mm diameter seems perfect to me on a kayfun

Hi Giblets

8 wraps on 28 gauge wire, what resistance does that give you on the coil?
I wonder what size drill bit will give 2mm diameter, need to do some investigation now.

Great thread btw

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

I use 9wraps of 0.28mm on 2mm bit (or little blue screwdriver) and that comes out at about 1.5ohms

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Back
Top Bottom