What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Wotofo serpent SMM

Jcx964

Hi all, I have just ordered my first RTA, the serpent SMM, I am now looking at ordering some wire but not sure what to go with, I'm not looking for huge clouds, just good flavour and a decent amount of vapour. Was looking at buying some Clapton or alien wire but not sure what gauge to go for, I currently use 0.5 ohm coils in a kangertech cupti if that helps. What are your recommendations

Hi all, I have just ordered my first RTA, the serpent SMM, I am now looking at ordering some wire but not sure what to go with, I'm not looking for huge clouds, just good flavour and a decent amount of vapour. Was looking at buying some Clapton or alien wire but not sure what gauge to go for, I currently use 0.5 ohm coils in a kangertech cupti if that helps. What are your recommendations
I like fused Clapton’s in the SMM, 2x26ga with a 40ga outer wrap. I’d hold off buying any because it comes with three cracking coils. I’m not 100% on the construction, 3x28ga fused Clapton’s I believe. They are really good coils, the best vape I had from my SMM.

What sort of power are you firing these at? I've also ordered the wismec rx gen3 dual to go with it

I ran them at 35-40W I think. It’s been a while since I used the tank. Around that power seems to be the sweet spot for the way I vape on the SMM.

I've also ordered the wismec rx gen3 dual to go with it

Cracking bit of kit that one, so tiny for a 2 cell device.

I liked just basic wire builds in the serpent SMM, for me fused claptons were a bit warm and spitty in there,

I like brochrome from stealthvape in my SMM. Gives a nice flavour and doesn't get too hot. Also fused claptons Ni80 2x28awg with (I think) 36 wrap go quite well.

The supplied coils are Ni80 28gx4 with a 38g(ish) wrap. I think they're superb at about 40w and actually now use similar coils in my other RTAs.

I'm using a 0.27ohm 316l fused clapton with 2.5mm inner diameter in mine in TC mode @40w and getting a cracking vape, the included coils are also pretty good as well, forgot how good this tank is but coil placement and wicking are critical.
For coil placement watch matt's (smm) original video or Morton oen's airflow experiment. Wicking you want about half your wick poking through the holes then trim the remains wick about half way back so it just touches the deck, juice it up and use it to wall off the ends like Matt does in his original video.

I literally just got this today.

Personally, I did not like the coils it came with. I always use Super Juggernaut. But I was recommended the Alien Claptons. Matt did say in his video that Staple Fused Coil (spaced) go really well with this tank.

However, I forgot that it was a single coil rta - blasted it at 70 and messed up my coil so I'm gonna have to go again. I need to get used to vaping at lower wattage.

Back
Top Bottom