What's new

Wolf Call RDA

scrumpox

Veteran
I picked this up from the classies and have had an interesting few hours with it so far. I was intrigued by the design and despite concerns about it being a potential leaker I couldn't resist it at half price. :) You can find one at cloud9vaping for just under £80
There are 4 airflow holes in the deck, which can either be fitted with blanks or with 1mm or 1.5mm grub air screws - or you can leave out the air screws for maximum airflow.
It can be set up for 1, 2 or 4 coils. The build quality is excellent.
I watched the reviews by Todd, GrimmGreen and RubyRoo and listened to the experiences of @steam loco motive the previous owner.

Most have adopted a diagonally opposite, dual coil set up ... which is kind of instinctive when you're used to RDAs with side air flow particularly. However, I decided to try something different bearing in mind the air delivery options and the potential for leaking off the deck. I placed the coils on one side of the deck (over open airholes) sharing one pair of posts so as to leave the other side for plenty of wick - Cotton Bacon - blanking off the 2 airholes underneath the wicks. 2 x 3mm coils, 9 wraps of 0.4 kathal is a very familiar RDA build for me, 0.6ohm at 30-35 watts.

So far so good. It's a real flavour atty with plenty of vapour though it's not one for the cloud chasers ... in my build the airflow is a restricted lung hit, just as I like it, producing a very flavourful and satisfying plume. If you prefer a tighter draw you could fit the supplied grub screws. A clear disadvantage to this method of airflow control is you'd have to take out your coils to do so. With this atty you really need to select your prefered airflow before you install the coils.

Definitely an RDA for the house rather than out and about. I need to dress the wicks with juice carefully to avoid leaking. Any overdripping is going straight down onto your mod.

Another downside is the condensation which collects in the upper chamber, it needs wiping out to prevent it entering the drip tip and mouth.

Something very different to consider for the RDA collection. For flavour this is up there with the Aromamizer and Aeolus. No, it's not black but I do like how it looks - clean lines and logoless. :) A plainer drip tip might improve it further.

Attachments

• wolf call.jpg
    wolf call.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 44
  • wolf call deck.jpg
    wolf call deck.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 46
  • wolf call build.jpg
    wolf call build.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 47
  • wolf call chamber.jpg
    wolf call chamber.jpg