What's new

Which FT Erlkonigin?

How's the flavour? :)

That's a tough one, I'd like to run a side by side with the Lemo and Taifun (2 of my best flavour tanks) but they have different juices in them. In the Erl I think new wicks need a longer time to bed in, maybe it's the cotton bacon. As of now flavour is only average, I'm still suffering from new tank syndrome. It will take a week or two to discover the right sized diameter coil, best ohmage and wicking method. I have that with any new tank, I am though quite patient (apart from the Lemo 2) where vaping is concerned.

That's a tough one, I'd like to run a side by side with the Lemo and Taifun (2 of my best flavour tanks) but they have different juices in them. In the Erl I think new wicks need a longer time to bed in, maybe it's the cotton bacon. As of now flavour is only average, I'm still suffering from new tank syndrome. It will take a week or two to discover the right sized diameter coil, best ohmage and wicking method. I have that with any new tank, I am though quite patient (apart from the Lemo 2) where vaping is concerned.

You might want to try some muji or equivalent. I've heard mixed reviews with the cotton Bacon, especially with regards to flavour.

Last edited:
You might want to try some muji or equivalent. I've heard mixed reviews with the cotton Bacon, especially with regards to flavour.

Been using CB v2 in all my tanks, it's good viz dry hits and makes for easy wicking but you may well be right about the flavour. I got a shed load of muji, I'll give it a spin.

A short update on living with the FT Erlkonigin...

Still reckon this is the best tank for flavour; and with the widest range, can puff at 7w or have a real blast at 25w (never needed to go higher).

The mini is compact and holds a lot of juice for the size, but it gives a hot vape, and in my experience the drip tip gets too hot for comfort pretty quick [see edit].

No problems with leaking in use, but afterwards a different story; always a juice ring on the atty stand next morning. I think it's condensation from the chimney. Avoid leaving on mod after use...

Edit 17.7.15: I should mention, being a lazy git and not wanting to recoil after every wick change / atty clean, rather than a few wraps of thin wire I use a lot of wraps of thick wire (0.4mm) to reach 1ohm, which makes for a robust and secure coil. But the downside is it's a lot of metal, heats and cools relatively slow. My theory is, the Erl being very light on metal, can't radiate the heat so well as say Taifun/Kayfun; so gets conducted up the chimney to screw-on tip. So, heat issue probably due to my own sloth. YMMV.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom