What's new

Which FT Erlkonigin?

Bit of a problem with leaks after refilling, I'm assuming i need to get a bit more cotton near the coils, I don't want to be ramming too much down the juice channels. Such wonderful flavour without the harshness, well worth the bit of aggro here and there.

Are you closing off the afc when you fill? You really need to, also don't over fill 80-90% is full enough. Don't dilly dally when you fill either, open and dump you liquid in as fast as possible and shut/seal it off. Needle top bottles or a syringe is best. If you try using one of them stupid bloody pipets you get with some bottles now days you'll be there all day, and that's too long to leave the top of the tank open. Hope it helps [emoji1]

Last edited:
Are you closing off the afc when you fill?

Indeed I am.

Are you closing off the afc when you fill? You really need to, also don't over fill 80-90% is full enough. Don't dilly dally when you fill either, open and dump you liquid in as fast as possible and shut/seal it off. Needle top bottles or a syringe is best. If you try using one of them stupid bloody pipets you get with some bottles now days you'll be there all day, and that's too long to leave the top of the tank open. Hope it helps [emoji1]

About 30-40 seconds from start to finish.

The main problem is because the airflow is underneath the tank and not on the side the well on the 510 connector can fill up pretty quick with juice and when the Erlkonigin leaks juice it dumps a lot in a very short time.

Never had leaking problems with filling, really expected it but just wicked it like pauly meatballs.
Nice atty, haven't received the amazing flavour yet but for some reason I got obsessed with getting a nano kit so drifted away from it.
Nano kit now ordered so on it's arrival I shall put my head down and stare long and hard.

Never had leaking problems with filling, really expected it but just wicked it like pauly meatballs.
Nice atty, haven't received the amazing flavour yet but for some reason I got obsessed with getting a nano kit so drifted away from it.
Nano kit now ordered so on it's arrival I shall put my head down and stare long and hard.

Best set up I've found, 2.4-2.5 dia micro'ish coil 7 1/2 raps 0.32 (28AWG) kanthal. Any where between 15w and 17w is just perfection for me, I've not found anything better tbh, the flavour is just outstanding with the juices I use, especially anything from good 'ol' manabush [emoji1]

Indeed I am.

About 30-40 seconds from start to finish.

The main problem is because the airflow is underneath the tank and not on the side the well on the 510 connector can fill up pretty quick with juice and when the Erlkonigin leaks juice it dumps a lot in a very short time.

That's the cost of having such a low profile tank that holds so much liquid I suppose. With other tanks there's usually a more substantial base there that collects a little bit so you never really notice it, with the erlk it just pisses straight through, on top of what ever you've got it sitting on.

One thing that might help, I adjust the amount of cotton in the channel depending on the viscosity of the juice. So with a 50/50 I put so much in, with a higher vg, 80vg I put a lot less in, in fact a very fine wisp of cotton really. Just enough to help it along to the top portion of the wick. Depending on the juice your using, try leaving a bit more cotton in the channel to slow the wicking down a touch. That might help with the flooding when filling.

Best set up I've found, 2.4-2.5 dia micro'ish coil 7 1/2 raps 0.32 (28AWG) kanthal. Any where between 15w and 17w is just perfection for me, I've not found anything better tbh, the flavour is just outstanding with the juices I use, especially anything from good 'ol' manabush [emoji1]

What resistance coil does that give, around 1ohm, maybe 1.2? I'm finding the vape a tad too warm at 1.06ohm and 13watts.

What resistance coil does that give, around 1ohm, maybe 1.2? I'm finding the vape a tad too warm at 1.06ohm and 13watts.

1.2-1.3 ohms is my target. I dont find it warm at all tbh, I guess this comes under the 'subjective' banner though [emoji1]

I wick mine just like Harry does with regard to viscosity and also use the same wire too, but use 2mm coils. I have one at 1.0ohm at 20W and another at 1.5ohm and 17W. Obviously one is kicking it out a bit more than the other, but like this for me, the flavour is immense. I am mainly using fruity/menthol stuff and I think this is where they really shine. :)

That's the cost of having such a low profile tank that holds so much liquid I suppose. With other tanks there's usually a more substantial base there that collects a little bit so you never really notice it, with the erlk it just pisses straight through, on top of what ever you've got it sitting on.

One thing that might help, I adjust the amount of cotton in the channel depending on the viscosity of the juice. So with a 50/50 I put so much in, with a higher vg, 80vg I put a lot less in, in fact a very fine wisp of cotton really. Just enough to help it along to the top portion of the wick. Depending on the juice your using, try leaving a bit more cotton in the channel to slow the wicking down a touch. That might help with the flooding when filling.

I rewicked, a bit messy really, I experimentally stuffed more cotton round the coil and a tad more than previously down the channels. So far, so good, I'm a 80-90% vg person hence I was expecting dry hits but none thus far.

I rewicked, a bit messy really, I experimentally stuffed more cotton round the coil and a tad more than previously down the channels. So far, so good, I'm a 80-90% vg person hence I was expecting dry hits but none thus far.

How's the flavour? :)

Back
Top Bottom