What's new

Which FT Erlkonigin?

I've been doing it with big fat coils, so starting off with a mighty big wick; then (following a guide for the authentic on Youtube, American guy, regret cannot remember his name, is a long video though). snipping away about two thirds / three quarter of the cotton tails, from the Erl's "shoulder pads" on down. With the top firmly on, not had problems with dry hits or flooding since. The fat wick acts as a reservoir for big toots, and it doesn't take much wick in the channel to keep it moist. Oo-er.

I watched that video and that method works great on my Squape R, but I can't seem to get the Erl right.

I'm glad you chose that one, the one I got is shit.

Not going to pull the trigger till end of the month and may throw out my list to POTV for refinement / comment before I do as it's got a bit too big.

In my top 8 are (in no particular order) :-

IGO-L Rebuildable Stainless Steel Dripping Atomizer*IGO-L, Stainless Steel(2-post)

4Nine Style Mechanical Mod4Nine Mod, SS + Brass, 1:1 Clone

Stingray X Style Stainless Steel + Copper Mechanical Mod*SS + Copper Tube, Silver, 1:1

Vapelyfe Styled Hybrid Mechanical Mod Kit (Full Set)*Vapelyfe Mod, SS (Full Set), Hybrid + 510 -

ZNA 50 Style Variable Wattage APV ModZNA 50, SS + Aluminium

Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (8ml)20.7mm, SS + PMMA (Gift Box)

IN'AX NANO Style 18350 Mehcanical Mod w/ RDA Hybrid Dripper*SS, Silver

Derringer Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer*22mm, SS (SS center post)

I watched that video and that method works great on my Squape R, but I can't seem to get the Erl right.

I think the quality/drawbacks of each of the clones on FT varies quite a bit, so what works for mine might not work for all of them.

This is the one I got; odd, the photo shows black O-rings, but mine are red. It came without an O-ring on top of the chimney - the second one I got, did - but doesn't seem to make a difference.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1893601

I also got the Mini:

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1996900

And a mini kit for less than $3, so can use the base of the big one if and when I accidentally fill the big tank with a tank-cracker:

https://www.fasttech.com/p/2016000

Must admit, vape better even than Aqua v2 for flavour. Don't feel so sturdy though, by a long way; look and feel much more like an iclear30 than a rebuildable.

I recommend the erlprinz if you like the way the erlk vapes. I had one before I got my genuine erlk. Much better then the clones imo. There around the £30 mark at vapercaper. Vapes as good as the full erlk at under a third of the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

After much gnashing of teeth caused by fluctuating resistance caused by my disassemble and reassembling with the 510 pin insulator the wrong way round (which took me 2 hours to spot) I'm finally up and running, these things are good.

After much gnashing of teeth caused by fluctuating resistance caused by my disassemble and reassembling with the 510 pin insulator the wrong way round (which took me 2 hours to spot) I'm finally up and running, these things are good.

Flavour is second to non imo. People are quick to put them down because they struggle wicking them, madness. [emoji1]

Not going to pull the trigger till end of the month and may throw out my list to POTV for refinement / comment before I do as it's got a bit too big.

In my top 8 are (in no particular order) :-

IGO-L Rebuildable Stainless Steel Dripping Atomizer*IGO-L, Stainless Steel(2-post)

4Nine Style Mechanical Mod4Nine Mod, SS + Brass, 1:1 Clone

Stingray X Style Stainless Steel + Copper Mechanical Mod*SS + Copper Tube, Silver, 1:1

Vapelyfe Styled Hybrid Mechanical Mod Kit (Full Set)*Vapelyfe Mod, SS (Full Set), Hybrid + 510 -

ZNA 50 Style Variable Wattage APV ModZNA 50, SS + Aluminium

Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (8ml)20.7mm, SS + PMMA (Gift Box)

IN'AX NANO Style 18350 Mehcanical Mod w/ RDA Hybrid Dripper*SS, Silver

Derringer Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer*22mm, SS (SS center post)

Based on the 4Nines and Stingrays I've seen I'd suggest you'd be much better off considering the Surfrider and/or the XXIX

Bit of a problem with leaks after refilling, I'm assuming i need to get a bit more cotton near the coils, I don't want to be ramming too much down the juice channels. Such wonderful flavour without the harshness, well worth the bit of aggro here and there.

Back
Top Bottom