Vape Superstore
What's new

What's the word on brass attys?

caspinvape

Initiate
Hey guys,

I've been eyeing the Kennedy 22" rda in brass to pair with my brass Vaponaute Jumbo Jet.

I think it would make for a very pretty combo all in brass, but I'm concerned with vaping off a brass deck -- does anybody have any knowledge on this?

From my research it seems like there's a ton of controversy circa 2013-2014 -- some say they heat releases lead, while others say it's lead-free and just as safe as stainless steel so long as you keep it clean and polished.

It does seem like it would be a tricky one to polish with the four air holes.

Also read that vaping off brass changes the taste of your juice, has anyone experienced this?

I can build the Kennedy to have a stainless steel deck with a brass cap -- albeit would look sleeker all in brass, but figure it's better to be safe than sorry -- especially as I got into to vaping to save my lungs from cigarette toxins... Plus the Jumbo Jet lip will hide the stainless deck.

Attachments

• kennedy_rda.jpeg
    kennedy_rda.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 147
Vape Club
@caspinvape generally think the posts are stainless steel even on a brass deck... so unless the whole thing is getting uber hot to release particulate wouldnt be overly concerned what material the body of the rda is made from... not familiar with this specific one but... mostly I woulf be concerned if the coil was made of material that was toxic... not the tank... the deck shouldnt get so hot that its a problem

@caspinvape generally think the posts are stainless steel even on a brass deck... so unless the whole thing is getting uber hot to release particulate wouldnt be overly concerned what material the body of the rda is made from... not familiar with this specific one but... mostly I woulf be concerned if the coil was made of material that was toxic... not the tank... the deck shouldnt get so hot that its a problem

Thanks for that @nikki from mars -- it definitely makes sense. Was a bit concerned based on some research that I'd found on google, but none of it seemed very concerned. Also the manufacture has just gotten back to me confirming the deck is made from lead-free brass and says it's just as safe as stainless.

"There is no risk to Vaping on brass. It is lead free brass and as long as you clean it you are all set"

AcmeFog
Literally just asked a similar question on SS/Copper/Brass. Subd this for info. Thank you

E-liquids.com
Think I'm going with SS
- basic reasons: I prefer the colour.
- Reddit forum reasons: copper/brass leave a "bad" taste if not thoroughly cleaned after every juice
- copper & brass can discolour over time (patina looking?) which may or may not be your thing.

But haven't fully made up my mind yet, hmmm

Think I'm going with SS
- basic reasons: I prefer the colour.
- Reddit forum reasons: copper/brass leave a "bad" taste if not thoroughly cleaned after every juice
- copper & brass can discolour over time (patina looking?) which may or may not be your thing.

But haven't fully made up my mind yet, hmmm

I'm leaning that same way -- love the look of all brass but the upkeep on it is off-putting especially as patina isn't my thing.

Think I'll do a mix-and-match build -- SS deck, Brass cap and SS tip.

What atty(s) are you looking at?

Vape Green
I'm leaning that same way -- love the look of all brass but the upkeep on it is off-putting especially as patina isn't my thing.

Think I'll do a mix-and-match build -- SS deck, Brass cap and SS tip.

What atty(s) are you looking at?
The goon RDA, had my eyes on this bad boy for a while and finally making my leap. Ordered a petri v2 and it arrived, looked meh. Post holes weren't that big, gave it to a friend who fell in love with it. The goon RDA has a nice clamp system so you can quite literally chuck anything on there.

What're you looking to get?

The goon RDA, had my eyes on this bad boy for a while and finally making my leap. Ordered a petri v2 and it arrived, looked meh. Post holes weren't that big, gave it to a friend who fell in love with it. The goon RDA has a nice clamp system so you can quite literally chuck anything on there.

What're you looking to get?

You weren't kidding, the goon will take anything you throw at it -- I really dig that clamp system!

I'm restricted to 22" on my mod as the atty connection has an inset lip around it. Looking at the Kennedy RDA with Demon cap -- won't be a flavor chaser but really like the amount of air the set up would give the coils.

Smoore
You weren't kidding, the goon will take anything you throw at it -- I really dig that clamp system!

I'm restricted to 22" on my mod as the atty connection has an inset lip around it. Looking at the Kennedy RDA with Demon cap -- won't be a flavor chaser but really like the amount of air the set up would give the coils.
Can't go wrong with the Kennedy. That things a beauty. Would defo recommend it. Friend has one and loves it to bits. SS Kennedy looks great you won't be disappointed

Back
Top Bottom