What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

viv nova rewicking ... the quest for higher Ohms!

Nice one Z - I'll give it a go when the new glasses arrive lol.
I got some 0.15 Nichrome wire and some 1m and 2m wick - is that any good or would you recommend something else?

Cheers.

Ive never used the nichrome .. and I get mixed up .. you may need errr less coils with that .. or possibly more :) I dont know .. Ive only used .2 kanthal

Awww you were doing really well up to then.
Then you blew it lol.
I'll try it anyway and if it's crap I'll just blame you
:21:

Mesh wicks work well in the bigger one but for some reason just taste yuk in the little un,cant work out why,so I stick to cotton wick in the baby and mesh wick in the big 'un.
You did well getting 7 turns in there,well neat;)

how do you arrange a mesh wick in the bigger novas?

Nice one Z - I'll give it a go when the new glasses arrive lol.
I got some 0.15 Nichrome wire and some 1m and 2m wick - is that any good or would you recommend something else?

Cheers.

What I do is double nichrome around a 3,5mm wick, then pull a few strands out as otherwise it doesn't wick fast enough with my full VG.
Doubling your nichrome will give you the equivalent of an 0.30 resistance wise, so very low. That's why I use 3,5mm wick, the bigger diameter allows me less turns while still coiling enough wire to make for a 1,6ohm resistance.
It gives massive vapour with a short draw, which I prefer.
If you wish to try, use both 2mm and 1mm wick to get to 3mm, pull a few strands out if you are getting dry hits.
A multimeter is quite useful to make sure you don't end up with too low a resistance.

What I do is double nichrome around a 3,5mm wick, then pull a few strands out as otherwise it doesn't wick fast enough with my full VG.
Doubling your nichrome will give you the equivalent of an 0.30 resistance wise, so very low. That's why I use 3,5mm wick, the bigger diameter allows me less turns while still coiling enough wire to make for a 1,6ohm resistance.
It gives massive vapour with a short draw, which I prefer.
If you wish to try, use both 2mm and 1mm wick to get to 3mm, pull a few strands out if you are getting dry hits.
A multimeter is quite useful to make sure you don't end up with too low a resistance.

have you got any pictures of this in place?

I could take some but probably a video would be better, I'll see what I can do :)

Cheers mate .. not sure what is meant by double wrapping

Back
Top Bottom