What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Velocity RDA v2. Notch coil advice

1466444779606.jpg

Legs are already bend it seems. Not issue. Just remember. Get a flat head screwdriver and bend the legs as needed 90degrees. In the velocity. The notch are big, the RDA top was shorting the coils by touching them. Once I had the top on, I literally poked the coil from the outside until I got a normal coil reading.

I got no problem with the size of the coil Tsunami deck is big enough to fit the coil the problem is when i try to screw the screws the coil start to bend

I got no problem with the size of the coil Tsunami deck is big enough to fit the coil the problem is when i try to screw the screws the coil start to bend

It's the legs. If you just bend them like normal coil legs then I would break the notch coil. You must bend the legs into place so they go into the deck and also take into the actual screws of the post holes. As I've said. Use a flat head screwdriver and bend the legs 90degress to the exact length needed for the deck.

Hi guys. I am a newbie to vaping and a newbie to building. I bought the Velocity copy by Tobeco and used with clapton coils with no issue.

I bought some pre-built Notch coils (0.25 each) which was a successful dual coil (0.13) build using it on my Vapresso Tarot and X Cube II . However within a few seconds i had a horrible taste which kicked the hell out of my throat. Upon checking, the cotton was setting on fire at 30watts. As soon as i put another few drops of juice on the coils it was ok then the same thing happened.

Any ideas please?
And what are the best coils to buy for sub ohm as i am confused as to the different types of coils available.
Kind regards
Tony (Rotherham UK)

Hi guys. I am a newbie to vaping and a newbie to building. I bought the Velocity copy by Tobeco and used with clapton coils with no issue.

I bought some pre-built Notch coils (0.25 each) which was a successful dual coil (0.13) build using it on my Vapresso Tarot and X Cube II . However within a few seconds i had a horrible taste which kicked the hell out of my throat. Upon checking, the cotton was setting on fire at 30watts. As soon as i put another few drops of juice on the coils it was ok then the same thing happened.

Any ideas please?
And what are the best coils to buy for sub ohm as i am confused as to the different types of coils available.
Kind regards
Tony (Rotherham UK)
Ditch the notch coils and pm @cloudcuckoo for a set of claptons. They last months are are superb.

I used the single notch coil on my Tsunami and i had the same problem i had hot spots even after i wick and wet it with e liquid.. notch coils ss are too soft and could break during fixing them on the dick.. this is my thoughts sorry bro i feel your pain

Go Clapton. You buy them ready made or just buy the wire like I do and wrap it yourself. Wrapping yourself works out to be a lot cheaper.

Hi guys thanks for the info. and your time to answer my questions. Claptons it is then. Just need to sort out what Clapton does what as all this Tiger, Alien, Fused, Flat Twisted, Hive etc etc. are confusing to me. I have a few RDA/RTA units I want to try.
Thanks again
Tony in Rotherham UK

Back
Top Bottom