What's new

VapeCige VTBox200

Is there any news of higher capacity batteries which will fit?

Really enjoying the mod but i get weak battery after just 2 hours at 70w :(

There is nothing confirmed that I know of. 2 hours is pretty bad on the stock battery though, mine is doing much better than that. Are you chain vaping it to run it down in that time?

Is there any news of higher capacity batteries which will fit?

Really enjoying the mod but i get weak battery after just 2 hours at 70w :(

Have you run the battery analyser and edited the capacity accordingly in Escribe?

I'm in the process of doing that myself right now...

WP_20151001_21_43_13_Pro.jpg

4 x ~13cm 22AWG kanthal = 0.264 Ohms

Takes an age for the battery to become absolutely 100% charged, and the test to begin.

I'd recommend using a regular 1A charger to get the full charge first, rather than letting the computers USB port get you there at 0.5A

Also, changing the display to show USB Current helps, so that you can see when it really stops drawing power, because the battery says 100% full long before it really is.

This is where I am at the moment...

2015-10-02_07-30-07.jpg 2015-10-02_07-30-27.jpg

Done...

2015-10-02_08-19-07.jpg

Last edited:
So is that the whole test complete now then DARKFiB3R? How hot did everything get? I'd have been worried about the wire sagging and shorting. How long did the discharge part take to run through?

So is that the whole test complete now then @DARKFiB3R? How hot did everything get? I'd have been worried about the wire sagging and shorting. How long did the discharge part take to run through?

Yep, that's it. I'll do it again after using the device for a while, to get a few charge cycles under my belt.

Not sure how hot it got, but I did have a small desktop usb fan pointed at it the whole time. It's wasn't glowing, so that's a good thing lol

22 AWG is pretty ridged stuff, and held up well.

I didn't really keep an eye on the time either, I was lucky to catch that screenshot at the right time.

I do have a log file, but the way the time is recorded has me scratching my head...

test 1.csv

Seems like it logs the current status every 9 seconds, and there are 60822 entries. I'm really crap at maths, so somebody else might want to jump in here :)

Somewhere between 2.5 to 3 hours I think. (probably totally wrong)

It's wasn't glowing, so that's a good thing lol

Wow I'm surprised at that, does that include the makeshift coil too:p. Must have been firing the 40W for fairly short bursts with enough time for it to cool in between. I'd been put off doing that test as I thought it just fired a constant 40W till it was flat, thanks for setting me straight.

Wow I'm surprised at that, does that include the makeshift coil too:p. Must have been firing the 40W for fairly short bursts with enough time for it to cool in between. I'd been put off doing that test as I thought it just fired a constant 40W till it was flat, thanks for setting me straight.

Desperately trying to think of a penis joke, but I'm coming up empty handed. :18:

Your right, it does pulse the coil. I think it was like 4 seconds on, 5 seconds off. Something like that. I really should pay more attention. lol

Back
Top Bottom