What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

VapeCige VTBox200

Very much doubt I'll be getting anywhere near 200W either, most of the time it'll be 15 to 25W maybe up to 50W every now and again just for a giggle. I'm sure I'll have a play at silly numbers but that's about it.

What I like about this, apart from looking cool as fuck, is the changeable lipo, I know what I'm doing with them before anyone worries, must have 40 or 50 of them all different sizes for my RC gear. I've also got so much gear for charging them, looking after them and monitoring them to check how they'll perform it's not funny.

The pack in these looks like a Gens Ace 1800mah 3S pack to me, not bad packs if they are. As long as the IR of them is below 30milliohm they'll be fine right up to 200W, they'll probably be more like 10milliohm though with any luck and good for 30A which at 11.1V would be 333W. Not that it's needed but it just goes to show how much headroom there should be, running 50W won't even slightly push them:)

I think people are looking at it and thinking oh it's only got 1800mah that's not going to give it much run time but what they don't realise is 1800mah at 3S will give you some pretty good run times at reasonable power levels. It gives you nearly 20Wh, slightly more than a dual parallel with 25R's, combine that with the pack hardly being pushed so voltage sag won't come into it as much it should lead to great run times.

I'm looking forward to this now but I still have to look into what this new fangled board is all about. Don't you just love new toys:)

Don't you just love new toys:)

Hell yes

Even with the wrinkles and greying hair I'm still a kid at heart.

Like you, I use Lipos in RC. Have been racing 1/10 th off-road and on road RC cars competitively for years with Lipo power (including Gens Ace batteries)

Isnt the 1800 3s the equivalent of something like 5400mah?

Either way, its a unique, solid looking mod. Can't wait

Isnt the 1800 3s the equivalent of something like 5400mah?

Yes an 1800 3S will give you the same amount of power as a single 5400mah. Trouble is if you go around saying it's a 3S pack and equivalent of 5400mah people can get the wrong idea. Converting to Wh is really the best way about it when it comes to varying cell counts and mah.

To convert to Wh take the mah(1800) multiply by the nominal voltage(11.1V in this case) and divide by 1000. This gives you 19.98Wh

Your equivalent single 5400mah multiply by 3.7V and divide by 1000 also gives you 19.98Wh. It's the same thing but I'd only use the 5400mah if the cells are connected in parallel.

I've just been on Evolv's site, it comes to something when a mod needs an interactive training course:p Worth a look though as it shows you around the EScribe software. One of the settings is for the battery and funnily enough they use a Wh figure for it, the software has a calculator for working it out for you though. I'm not really sure why they went for using it like that though as it has to be run with a 3S so mah should really have done the trick, unless they are planning allowing it to run with a lower cell count at lower Wattages?

I did see a post somewhere that said the chip can be run with twin 18650's but only up to 173w

Getting rather excited about this, love a new toy! Grabbed a Tugboat V2 while I was at it [emoji18] (zombie splatter finish of course)

Back
Top Bottom