What's new

v2.1

mattmee

Postman
hey all,now i've learned how to use a forum,lol,down to business,i,ve been vaping now for a while,quite content with my vision ego and my vivi nova and i think i,ve bought every juice under the sun trying to find the right one,as i'm sure we all have,finaly settling on a mix of mint and menthol,anyway,decided to buy an orion v2.1 which arrived about 2 weeks ago,man it is doing my head in.i sort of had it working, but not very well,so took it apart and tried again and again and funny enough" AGAIN" the last 3 times it blew the coil just where it goe's onto the center screw?as i said i got it just about working in the begining but even though it was'nt vaping like i,ve seen on the reveiws and various videos i used a tonne of juice ?.its a lovely looking bit of kit and feels great in the hand but i'm on the verge of selling it unless i get some help,any advice would b great,i'm using .2 wire and 400 mesh,have oxidised the mesh.have just watched a video by carlos on making the coil so will try that tommorow,thanks in advance,matt

mattmee your not alone mate, you watch the videos and they make it seem so easy, tried mesh wicking a cobra last week and got it a bit right but after about 6th attempt, just tried to wick my Spheroid tonight and managed to get it there about running at 3.3 ohms, helped watching a video by todd but I reckon he can rewick in his sleep!! Anyway from what I gather plenty of practice will get you there and don't give up your not alone!!

thanks mate,i'll keep plugging away,just watch this space for v2.1 for sale,lol

my advise mate stick with it, its all about practice, or trade it for something that is good like a provari mate

carl

Start off with a not fully charged and fresh off the charger battery
I like to ease my coils break in gently - usually with a battery that is almost in need of charging
(or very short pulses at first)

If you only have that one device that takes those batteries - you will be stuck with the pulse method - unless you can rig up some way of depleting the battery slightly

alternatively you could run without the wick in place - oft refered to as the drill bit method or PeterK method
Theory being that you can get the coil to oxidise and "set in place" by making it glow- then feed the wick back into place without disturbing the coil or removing any oxidation

Regards
Rob

yeh looked at them,but what would be a decent tank to go on it,are there other types of tanks around where you can just replace the head rather than rebuilding it(if i decide to sell lol)

Just keep oxidising you cannot do this too much and keep the wire from your top coil as tight to the centre post as u can

Back
Top Bottom