What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

UD Goliath

Big Kev

Achiever
Anyone else got this yet and what do you think of it?

I must say, I'm very impressed so far, it's got some decent changes from the Goblin, Juice Control, which allows you to take the tank off the deck and also allows filling the thing much, much easier.

It's more forgiving with the Muji as well, no need to muck about, just have enough cotton to go into the large juice wells and it's performing great.

Two post holes seemed a bad idea at first, but they are very large and take the 0.42mm Kanthal no problem.

Slightly better flavour and better vapour for me, well worth investing in I'd say.

One negative, no spare glass section, so if you're a clumsy toerag, like myself, be careful out there.

Last edited:
Gearbest only just took their money today so I expect to have it, ooh ...tomorrow?

Got mines this morning, having bother with the chimney not closing tight once i put it together. Its ok when i put it together without the glass but as soon as i put it on it wont close tight. Any ideas?? uploadfromtaptalk1429088403822.jpguploadfromtaptalk1429088452017.jpg

Got mines this morning, having bother with the chimney not closing tight once i put it together. Its ok when i put it together without the glass but as soon as i put it on it wont close tight. Any ideas??View attachment 48497View attachment 48498

Got mine today and noticed the exact same thing. Googled a few pics and YouTube tutorials and seems that's the way it is. Having said that I brought mine to work today and it leaked half of the juice out. Grrr.
So I turned off juice flow and it's made a difference but still leaking a little bit. Not sure where from but there's a leak.
Probably my build so I'll have another go tomorrow. No leaks with my Goblin though.
Goliath is a great tank, once I've sorted out leak.

Mines the same, although I can tighten it more than in the picture. Didn't really notice it, haven't really had any problems with it being like that.
27zxdhz.jpg

Mines the same, although I can tighten it more than in the picture. Didn't really notice it, haven't really had any problems with it being like that.
27zxdhz.jpg

Good to know. On your juice control ring is there any "play". Mine wobbles very slightly and I've Sussed out that's where the leak is coming from. The black o rings seem very thin. Maybe it's my build, gonna try again 2moro.

Good to know. On your juice control ring is there any "play". Mine wobbles very slightly and I've Sussed out that's where the leak is coming from. The black o rings seem very thin. Maybe it's my build, gonna try again 2moro.

Mines in bits at the moment, but I tried the control ring and the bottom part where the tank sits in and there doesn't seem to be any play?

Have you taken the whole thing apart? I saw the replacement o-rings in the packet, which sit in the juice control ring and I couldn't work out where they were from originally. Then I noticed it sitting right up against the edge of the juice control. Maybe it just isn't sitting right, with that little bit of movement.

Mines in bits at the moment, but I tried the control ring and the bottom part where the tank sits in and there doesn't seem to be any play?

Have you taken the whole thing apart? I saw the replacement o-rings in the packet, which sit in the juice control ring and I couldn't work out where they were from originally. Then I noticed it sitting right up against the edge of the juice control. Maybe it just isn't sitting right, with that little bit of movement.

Cheers for that, yeah I've taken it apart a couple of times. I'll check o rings again.

Is this how you guys are wicking?

zilhc0.jpg

Find it easier to wick the Lemo 2 by having the lower chimney on and pushing the cotton down. Don't think its possible with the Goliath though.

This is how my lower o-ring sits too. No leaks as of yet.
dma9aa.jpg

Is anyone elses poorly machined around those juice holes? Its slightly annoying.

Got mine today and noticed the exact same thing. Googled a few pics and YouTube tutorials and seems that's the way it is. Having said that I brought mine to work today and it leaked half of the juice out. Grrr.
So I turned off juice flow and it's made a difference but still leaking a little bit. Not sure where from but there's a leak.
Probably my build so I'll have another go tomorrow. No leaks with my Goblin though.
Goliath is a great tank, once I've sorted out leak.
Glad im not the only one ( but not glad if you know what I mean lol ) thought mines was dodgy, also seen a vid where the guy had the same prob. Seems to sit a bit squint as well which isnt helping my OCD. Still haven't perfected my build yet but when im off work tomorrow I'll give it another bash.

Back
Top Bottom