What's new

Tomahawk mech

chopper

Achiever
Looking at a new mech as I'm too scared to take the scarab 18500 mech I bought from @Rob out of the house it's that beautiful. Don't like a limitless mech but wanting to find out any other mechs that are decent. I'm a purist, I don't do clones. Now I've seen evolution vaping have the tomahawk in stock, but for 260 sheets is it worth it? Does it build itself for that money or is there any other recommendations?

Ok, you don't do clones, which I respect although it's not something I worry about.
But, ask yourself this, and it's a question that's been going around since the last time mechs were "it".

For 260 clams, what will it do that a 20 quid one won't?
And then ask yourself, is that extra something worth £240?

Ok, you don't do clones, which I respect although it's not something I worry about.
But, ask yourself this, and it's a question that's been going around since the last time mechs were "it".

For 260 clams, what will it do that a 20 quid one won't?
And then ask yourself, is that extra something worth £240?

The reason I don't do clones is the first 'kit' I bought was sold as authentic, when the battery terminal melted (joyetech ego style) I took it back (5 weeks later) to be told that it wasn't authentic and was a clone, that's what's made me so against clones. I'd much rather save up and get genuine than risk that again, especially with a mech.

Just like yourself and your understanding of me being against clones, I understand people like yourself do like clones, but personally it's not something I'd consider as I don't want the same thing happening again. I know it may not happen with a clone again, and it may happen with a genuine (all tech has flaws on individual basis) but it's the after sales service that sees me buying rather than having to shell out for plastic surgery/new mod

You dont need to go to that expense.. As you say you dont want to take the scarab out the house so if you pay 240 you aint going to take that out the house either..
Im the same as you, I dont do clones especially in the mech league. Want assurance Im using quality which I dont get from clones.
Since Limitless is off the playist look at these..
VCM x1 is a good buy at about £70 https://www.evolutionvaping.co.uk/index.php/x1-mod-by-vaperz-cloud.html
Rig about £110 or TVL for under the £150.
If you want a cheaper option and not a clone the Wotofo Phantom is about £25-30 and not bad for knocking about out of the house.

You dont need to go to that expense.. As you say you dont want to take the scarab out the house so if you pay 240 you aint going to take that out the house either..
Im the same as you, I dont do clones especially in the mech league. Want assurance Im using quality which I dont get from clones.
Since Limitless is off the playist look at these..
VCM x1 is a good buy at about £70 https://www.evolutionvaping.co.uk/index.php/x1-mod-by-vaperz-cloud.html
Rig about £110 or TVL for under the £150.
If you want a cheaper option and not a clone the Wotofo Phantom is about £25-30 and not bad for knocking about out of the house.

That vcmx1 looks very good, both a price point and the ability to switch between 510 and hybrid.

I'm unsure of the scarab taking it out of the house, it truly is a beautifully crafted and well looked after mod, but with it being an 18500 the battery life is short, I'm used to 18650 battery lifes. I was expecting it to be short life, so that's not an issue.

The limitless is a weird 1. Can I really be bothered with constantly screwing the base to eliminate battery rattle and then screwing again, eliminating the sleeve spinning...it's a whole load of palava for something that's designed to be so simple, that's what's put me off.

I've looked at the ruby, but the Kennedy rda I'm not a fan of even without seeing 1 in the flesh, bottom airflows don't agree with alcohol induced dripping techniques.

Last edited:
That vcmx1 looks very good, both a price point and the ability to switch between 510 and hybrid.

I'm unsure of the scarab taking it out of the house, it truly is a beautifully crafted and well looked after mod, but with it being an 18500 the battery life is short, I'm used to 18650 battery lifes. I was expecting it to be short life, so that's not an issue. (Reminder, must find out robs favourite juice and order him some next week as I stole the mech off him so if anyone can help with that aspect then I'll appreciate it greatly

The limitless is a weird 1. Can I really be bothered with constantly screwing the base to eliminate battery rattle and then screwing again, eliminating the sleeve spinning...it's a whole load of palava for something that's designed to be so simple, that's what's put me off.

I've looked at the ruby, but the Kennedy rda I'm not a fan of even without seeing 1 in the flesh, bottom airflows don't agree with alcohol induced dripping techniques.
Kennedy 24 is a great dripper, one of my go to drippers..In fact im on it now on a TVL..Best flavour out there, hard to beat. You can get a cap for it with top airflow holes if thats your thing as well...
The Ruby I would avoid, if you fuck a post up then the whole thing is bolloxed..Roundhouse better way to go..
The limitless is not as bad as you make out.. If you keeping the same brand cells there is no adjustment needed all the time, if there is its a 1/4 turn of a derlin ring.. Only if you change a sleeve do you need more precise adjustment and how often do you do that?

Kennedy 24 is a great dripper, one of my go to drippers..In fact im on it now on a TVL..Best flavour out there, hard to beat. You can get a cap for it with top airflow holes if thats your thing as well...
The Ruby I would avoid, if you fuck a post up then the whole thing is bolloxed..Roundhouse better way to go..
The limitless is not as bad as you make out.. If you keeping the same brand cells there is no adjustment needed all the time, if there is its a 1/4 turn of a derlin ring.. Only if you change a sleeve do you need more precise adjustment and how often do you do that?

The tvl, is that the Colt 45? My current setups are the scarab with the mute xv4 (bottom airflow plugged and sealed by cap) and never leaves the house, for work and out and about I've got the RX200s with TMv2. Are 3 posts easy to build on? I've only ever built a 4 post and a velocity, for some reason been scared about 3 posts (for clipping legs at positive post) but want a flavour rda to go with a mech. Sounds like I was reading too much into YouTube reviews on the limitless, what you've said makes complete sense on that. Looks like I'll be saving up and buying when the taxman gives me money back. Thanks @city461, I already know you're a top ape as well as a true gent

How sad. The Scarab is a truly beautiful Mod, it has been just about everywhere with me, but always carried in a breast pocket, hence its appearance. Because of its astonishing conductivity, I found it to have an extremely good battery life. I would urge you to "use it" as it was intended to be used and as it has been used.:)

I second @spikeuk suggestion that a PapsV4 would be very, very high on my list as my next Mech, apart from the fact I already have one and use it constantly.:2thumbsup: However. Keep an eye on your postbox then @chopper. I'm going to send you something to play with. ;)

Back
Top Bottom