POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Tiny coils ***** sake!

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Mods and Devices' started by MrsAshy, May 1, 2019.

1. MrsAshy

MrsAshy Postman

• Like Like x 1
  2. vapinghigh

vapinghigh New Member

I'm a newbie on here, but not on vaping, and especially on MTL vaping. I do find the 2mm ID, 6 wraps for spaced coils or 8 wraps for contact coils to fit the best on Hastur Mini, using 28 AWG wires. And it worked like magic the first time when I put the coil on the deck. It leaked the very first time because of my over - priming, but not a single wet trace since then. Over the years I've owned a number of MTL RTAs, from clones to authentic, but I would place the Hastur Mini on the 2nd place.

• Like Like x 1
  3. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Legend

Did you ever get the origen @MrsAshy ? I have a nextera coming from china, which is another vertical coil and liquid below job.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. MrsAshy

MrsAshy Postman

I didnt get the Origen (yet) as I ended up with a True, an Evl and a KF lite to play with.
    But I want another vertical coil - I really do find them easier. I'll have a look at that too @zouzounaki , thanks. Havent heard of it before...

• Like Like x 1
  5. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Legend

I like them too @MrsAshy . They just seem to work better. They also have the advantage that you can put a long wick in them, then when it needs reworked just pull it up a bit and cut the dud bit off, and you are sorted for a while again.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MrsAshy

MrsAshy Postman

Exactly, so much less fuss and a breeze to wick. I love the challenge of the others but my zephyrs are my old faithfuls - its why Ive got 2 :)
    Just wacked a nextera in my ft basket - origen are sold out at the mo though (other than the clones I'm not sure on)
    Thanks for the tip :)

7. Biochemist

Biochemist Postman

I got a YFTK nextera some weeks ago, frankly if you're not going to squonk with it don't bother, it becomes a pain fast. The airflow is smooth and does cater from MTL to DTL, flavour's good, wicking is great. Only issue is that if set on its side it will leak.

• Like Like x 1
  8. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Legend

Thanks @Biochemist . Fortunately I would be planning to squonk with it so won’t be likely to take it out the house.

This one is a cheapish clone from 2f deal, they gave me a $10 credit when I emailed them to complain about problems with the crossbow bb bridge. I couldn’t see anything else that looked interesting so thought the nextera could be worth a shot.

9. Biochemist

Biochemist Postman

That's cool, it is a good atty and I suspect it works like a charm in squonk mode, pitty I don't have and squonker. For MTL you can try the FeV and GSL, some good yftk clones kicking around and they are bothe stellar.

• Like Like x 1
  10. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Legend

I was looking at the FeV rda but it looks a bit chunky, and I seem to prefer simple drippers with the airflow through a hole in the side. I also tend to like vertical coil atties. I’ll see how I get on with it, if it’s a decent clone I’m hopeful I’ll like it.