What's new

TFV8 with premade coils beyond 1 ohm

I tried building the RBA with the Smok coils that comes with it, and got pretty similar result as with the Smock stock coils. Poor and weird juice flavor. By weird I mean it does not taste not even close to what it tastes in other stock coils like Joyetech, Vaporesso, Voopoo, etc, in which the juice tastes similar in all of them.

With Smok coils the flavor is rare, and makes me nauseous at some point, dont understand why.

So I found a pair of Wotofo 0.28 ohm premade coils I had in a drawer, and rebuilt the RBA.

The result is that not only it fires at 40-45 watt, but also the flavor is much more closer to the other brands stock coils I mentioned before.

How can that be? Do coils have so much effect on the resulting flavor?

I tried building the RBA with the Smok coils that comes with it, and got pretty similar result as with the Smock stock coils. Poor and weird juice flavor. By weird I mean it does not taste not even close to what it tastes in other stock coils like Joyetech, Vaporesso, Voopoo, etc, in which the juice tastes similar in all of them.

With Smok coils the flavor is rare, and makes me nauseous at some point, dont understand why.

So I found a pair of Wotofo 0.28 ohm premade coils I had in a drawer, and rebuilt the RBA.

The result is that not only it fires at 40-45 watt, but also the flavor is much more closer to the other brands stock coils I mentioned before.

How can that be? Do coils have so much effect on the resulting flavor?
It depends on the material they are made from in my experience.

I like nichrome coils because they provide a clean flavour and last a while without needing to be cleaned, others say they get a metallic taste with nichrome or that stainless steel has a cleaner flavour. Some prefer Kanthal for the same reasons but I get a metallic taste and muted flavour from it and it gets dirty super fast.

Finally. I tried lowering the level of nicotine from 18 to 3mg and the nauseous feeling dissapeared. I van taste better the flavor also.

Now, after almost 2 years, I am able to use this tank.

I cant believe I didnt try this before.

Well. Thank you all for your kind help. Without your comments I would had never used this tank again.

Back
Top Bottom