What's new

TFV8 with premade coils beyond 1 ohm

Yes. I hadnt thought about that until the moment I wrote it to you.

I will try lowering the nicotine, but I will still have the other two issues, battery and liquid comsuption

Anyhow, do you think lowering nicotine
to 3mg will have the same throat hit effect on 70-80 watt as 18mg has on 30 watt?
When I ordered this tank, about 2 years ago, I used it for about one month with 18mg nicotine. First day was though, but I got used to it soon.

I quit using it because of how fast juice was gone and because switching batteries twice a day, altough they were 26650 batteries.

Now, trying it again after two years, I could not stand the 18mg hit. And that is why I mentioned it.

Yes. I hadnt thought about that until the moment I wrote it to you.

I will try lowering the nicotine, but I will still have the other two issues, battery and liquid comsuption

Anyhow, do you think lowering nicotine
to 3mg will have the same throat hit effect on 70-80 watt as 18mg has on 30 watt?

If you stick with the TFV8 tank there it needs relatively high wattage to run properly so the only way to get better battery life is to buy a mod that carries more batteries - you didn't mention what mod you are using, but if its a single battery mod it will run the battery down in a few hours - you will neerd to carry several spare batteries to get you through the day. The TFV8 really needs to be paired with a dual 18650 mod with GOOD BATTERIES to get a full days vaping . Because of the high power it will always swill juice - there is no real way around this, and lowering the power means the coils won't heat properly so that isn't an option.

The TFV8 is a Direct to Lung tank intended to be used with low nic juices - you are meant to inhale deeply directly into your lungs (not suck the vape into your mouth, hold it for a while and then inhale into your lungs like a cigarette) and exhale. It isn't like smoking a cigarette and there tends to be little throat hit with high VG low nic juices designed fro DL vaping..

To be honest mate I think you should put the TFV8 tank away as it may be useful to you at a later date but its not right for you now - particularly with the juice you are vaping. I think you should look into buying a Mouth to Lung tank (vaping MTL is the same style as smoking a cigarette) which will probably be much better for you and work really well with 18mg juices. They will run all day on a single 18650, only need 12 - 20 watts and give a decent throat hit without putting you into a nicotine coma, and , unlike DL tanks, they don't swill juice.

Unfortunately I'm a cloudy, high wattage DL vaper and haven't used MTL for several years so I can't advise which current MTL tanks are worth buying. If you decide to give MTL a try I would start a new thread and ask for advice on which tanks are good as there are a lot of people here with more experience of MTL,

When I ordered this tank, about 2 years ago, I used it for about one month with 18mg nicotine. First day was though, but I got used to it soon.

I quit using it because of how fast juice was gone and because switching batteries twice a day, altough they were 26650 batteries.

Now, trying it again after two years, I could not stand the 18mg hit. And that is why I mentioned it.

Got you - sorry mate, when you ,posted this I was replying to the post you made just before and didn't read this until I'd replied to your earlier post (if that makes sense!)

Yes 18mg will be rough on the TFV8 tank and it will always run down batteries fast because of the high power levels.

Out of curiosity, how old are your batteries? If they're a few years old they will be past their best as they do lose capacity with age and repeated use - perhaps that is part of the problem? I haven't seen 26650s in ages.

Got you - sorry mate, when you ,posted this I was replying to the post you made just before and didn't read this until I'd replied to your earlier post (if that makes sense!)

Yes 18mg will be rough on the TFV8 tank and it will always run down batteries fast because of the high power levels.

Out of curiosity, how old are your batteries? If they're a few years old they will be past their best as they do lose capacity with age and repeated use - perhaps that is part of the problem? I haven't seen 26650s in ages.
By the time I used the tank, I had the old Geekvape AEGIS, and the 26650 batteries were brand new.

Now I dont use them. I now use Geekvape Aegis Max with 21700 batteries, and they run low very quick also with this tank. The batteries are no more than one month old, as the mod itself.

Not to mention that this tank is not suitable at all for 18650 batteries, which I also use in an AEGIS Solo mod.

If you stick with the TFV8 tank there it needs relatively high wattage to run properly so the only way to get better battery life is to buy a mod that carries more batteries - you didn't mention what mod you are using, but if its a single battery mod it will run the battery down in a few hours - you will neerd to carry several spare batteries to get you through the day. The TFV8 really needs to be paired with a dual 18650 mod with GOOD BATTERIES to get a full days vaping . Because of the high power it will always swill juice - there is no real way around this, and lowering the power means the coils won't heat properly so that isn't an option.

The TFV8 is a Direct to Lung tank intended to be used with low nic juices - you are meant to inhale deeply directly into your lungs (not suck the vape into your mouth, hold it for a while and then inhale into your lungs like a cigarette) and exhale. It isn't like smoking a cigarette and there tends to be little throat hit with high VG low nic juices designed fro DL vaping..

To be honest mate I think you should put the TFV8 tank away as it may be useful to you at a later date but its not right for you now - particularly with the juice you are vaping. I think you should look into buying a Mouth to Lung tank (vaping MTL is the same style as smoking a cigarette) which will probably be much better for you and work really well with 18mg juices. They will run all day on a single 18650, only need 12 - 20 watts and give a decent throat hit without putting you into a nicotine coma, and , unlike DL tanks, they don't swill juice.

Unfortunately I'm a cloudy, high wattage DL vaper and haven't used MTL for several years so I can't advise which current MTL tanks are worth buying. If you decide to give MTL a try I would start a new thread and ask for advice on which tanks are good as there are a lot of people here with more experience of MTL,
No. I am not either an MTL style vaper. I was once, but not now.

I like DL, and I have used some diposable DL tanks of 30 and 50 watt and the batteries lasted enough . But I dont like buying diposable tanks every now and then when there are better options.

Then, later I tried a Voopoo Pnp tank, wich runs on 30-40 watt and it is the one i still use in my Aegis Solo.

Then I just wanted to give a second try to my old (but still almost brand new) TFV8 tank into the Aegis Max, but no luck.

That was the reason I wrote this post. In order to give a second try to the TFV8, with the RBA.

To sum up. I am a DL vaper, but neither a what is called "cloud chaser" nor a high watt vaper.

I just dont care about clouds. I look for flavor and low watts, but not in an MTL style, as I prefer DL style.

Voopoo PNP has been the most suitable tank for what Im looking at, but again, I know there are better options.

Also, i didnt mention i like big tanks, (which is a con of the Voopoo Pnp tank) because they carry more juice and less refills. Or that is what i thought when i ordered the TFV8 until i realized i was wrong.

So, I though of the TFV8 rba, because i though i could set it up to suit my needs, and I just wanted to give a try, aldo because i feel bad when i see it there without use and i feel bad, lol.

To sum up. I am a DL vaper, but neither a what is called "cloud chaser" nor a high watt vaper.

I just dont care about clouds. I look for flavor and low watts, but not in an MTL style, as I prefer DL style.

Voopoo PNP has been the most suitable tank for what Im looking at, but again, I know there are better options.

Also, i didnt mention i like big tanks, (which is a con of the Voopoo Pnp tank) because they carry more juice and less refills. Or that is what i thought when i ordered the TFV8 until i realized i was wrong.

So, I though of the TFV8 rba, because i though i could set it up to suit my needs, and I just wanted to give a try, aldo because i feel bad when i see it there without use and i feel bad, lol.

I get you - I was obviously barking up the wrong tree by recommending MTL - it was the mention of 18mg juice that threw me.

To be honest I'm completely out of touch with stock coil tanks. I liked them, but the ones I liked that used mesh coils absolutely swilled juice so I moved on to rebuildables - they're not quite as thirsty but they need just as much power and will still run down your batteries so they probably aren't the answer for you..

If your PnP tanks are the short 2ml TPD types maybe you could try looking at Chinese sites like Fasttech or 3fvape for the taller non-TPD PnP tanks that hold twice as much juice? Postage can take bloody ages though so you can expect a month's wait before you get them.

I get you - I was obviously barking up the wrong tree by recommending MTL - it was the mention of 18mg juice that threw me.

To be honest I'm completely out of touch with stock coil tanks. I liked them, but the ones I liked that used mesh coils absolutely swilled juice so I moved on to rebuildables - they're not quite as thirsty but they need just as much power and will still run down your batteries so they probably aren't the answer for you..

If your PnP tanks are the short 2ml TPD types maybe you could try looking at Chinese sites like Fasttech or 3fvape for the taller non-TPD PnP tanks that hold twice as much juice? Postage can take bloody ages though so you can expect a month's wait before you get them.
No. The pnp i have is not tdp. Is a 3.5 ml tank, but still a little bit short.

I have just ordered Vaporesso NRG 5ml tank, which is almost as big as TFV8 but they advertise it is good on low watt ranges. The only thing i dont like about it is that it does not come with an rba as TFV8. But i dont care. I will still have the TFV8 if i go that route

Also, as you suggested, i will order a bottle of juice of 3ml to see how it works with the TFV8. If throat hit is equal to 18mg, then i can forgive the battery issue and give it a try.

Another thing that comes to my mind is if i only set one coil on a dual coil rba, will it fire? Will coil ohm increase for not halving them into two coils? I am sure that what i am suggesting is stupid, but also im sure im not the firts person that asked this question, at least to himself, lol

No. The pnp i have is not tdp. Is a 3.5 ml tank, but still a little bit short.

I have just ordered Vaporesso NRG 5ml tank, which is almost as big as TFV8 but they advertise it is good on low watt ranges. The only thing i dont like about it is that it does not come with an rba as TFV8. But i dont care. I will still have the TFV8 if i go that route

Also, as you suggested, i will order a bottle of juice of 3ml to see how it works with the TFV8. If throat hit is equal to 18mg, then i can forgive the battery issue and give it a try.

Another thing that comes to my mind is if i only set one coil on a dual coil rba, will it fire? Will coil ohm increase for not halving them into two coils? I am sure that what i am suggesting is stupid, but also im sure im not the firts person that asked this question, at least to himself, lol

If you put one coil; in the RBA it would fire, and need less wattage to heat the coil. It wouldn't do any harm to the RBA and if you put a single coil in the ohms will stay at whatever the ohms/resistance of that single coil is (the ohms (resistance) only halves with 2 coils because the power has 2 coils to travel through so there is only half the resistance (if that makes any sense)).

A major problem is as the side of the RBA with no coil would have nothing in it to restrict the airflow so the air would rush through the other side of the RBA and give poor, if any flavour. Shutting down the airflow at the bottom of the tank won't help as most of the air going in will just rush through the empty side of the RBA deck without hitting the coil. Also the juice ports for the missing coil must not be left empty or the juice will flood out.

To be honest I don't think it would work very well. If you have any pre-made coils you could try it - but I wouldn't spend money on coils just to try it out because I think your chances of getting good results are slim

Unfortunately.

If u r getting an nrg tank, the vaporesso ccell2 coils and geekvape supermesh x2 coils run at those lower wattages, ccell2 moreso than the x2

Back
Top Bottom