What's new

Teach me your ways, oh great ones

I've got some thick 3.0mm silica I need some thinner stuff I reckon, but I also got some quality Egyptian and standard natural cotton... That said I do want some muji.
Oooh and some kanthal

Strangely it's not about the quality of the cotton, althought that is a factor, it's actually the way the Muji pads are made that makes them good, the cotton fibres are combed out parrallel it seems to increase the wicking compared to the normal random thread directions...

Setup for someone new to mechs and rebuildables? For minimum fuss, try these:

Mod - Nemesis (genuine from Atmomixani/clone from Fasttech)
Atty - Kayfun Lite Plus V2 (genuine from Cloud9vaping/clone from Fasttech)
Wire - Kanthal 28g (Crazy Wire Company)
Wick - Muji cotton (direct from Muji)
Battery - 18650 Purple Efest 2500mAh and 30A rated (ebay or anywhere you like)

If you want it regulated as well then add:

Evolv Kick 2 (genuine from Cloud9vaping or Sigelei Kick from Fasttech)

For coil/wick:

8 wraps of 28g Kanthal around a 2.5mm screwdriver/drill bit, will give you a 1.5 Ohm coil (approx) and that will give you a decent, cool vape with plenty of flavour, vapour and battery life.

You could order kanthal from stealth vapes, kill 2 birds with 1 stone as they are offering some free muji cotton with every order.

I received a magma, fogger v4 and plume veil in the post yesterday to indulge in the world of rebuilding...again (probably be in the classies within a week where i still cant make the darned things).
Magma is awesome, piece of cake to set up and flavour is epic.
Im still slightly intimidated with the plume veil and having a nightmate with the fogger but its due to my lack of patience and fat sausage fingers, or and getting the right amount of cotton lol.

You could order kanthal from stealth vapes, kill 2 birds with 1 stone as they are offering some free muji cotton with every order.

I received a magma, fogger v4 and plume veil in the post yesterday to indulge in the world of rebuilding...again (probably be in the classies within a week where i still cant make the darned things).
Magma is awesome, piece of cake to set up and flavour is epic.
Im still slightly intimidated with the plume veil and having a nightmate with the fogger but its due to my lack of patience and fat sausage fingers, or and getting the right amount of cotton lol.

The fogger 4 is a beast mate once you have sussed how to build it.

Persevere with it dude it's well worth it!

The fogger 4 is a beast mate once you have sussed how to build it.

Persevere with it dude it's well worth it!

I will be buddy no need to worry about that. Even with my crappy builds and struggling with the right amount of cotton (cant wait to get these muji pads, look so much easier to work with) can already see its potential if that makes sense. When its right it seems like it will deliver the flavour of a dripper with the convenience of a tank.
Going to invest in a kayfun plus lite as well as will be receiving a mvp in the next few days and it looks like the fogger could be asking too much of the mvp with all that wire it has to heat up.

I do love my Fogger! If a kack-handed, 10 thumbed eejit like moi can build one, you, with a bit of patience should be fine. Took me about 3 go's the first time. The 2nd build hasn't been changed in a month - 0.8ohm, dual coil of 28 gauge, 9 wraps on a 1.5mm screwdriver
The wicking is fun, it is odd just how little you need. Muji cotton makes the Fogger even better as I have discovered this weekend.

When/if you get bored with the Magma and PV, have a looksee into a Mephisto. Even better flavour, more airy draw than the PV and it is quite easy to build!!

I keep hearing bout these fogger things. Must have seen a review for an earlier model and it was trashed by the reviewer. Ordered two heron clones from ft before buying the real things but might try this out

Last edited:
Think i'm going to have to get me one of these kayfun lite plus' i keep hearing about. Its a bit of a (steep) learning curve with the fogger and i know if it had been my first rta i would have just stuck to protanks, lol.
I'm limited until santa brings me a dna30 as best i can do is 1.3 ohm coils on 11 watts (waiting on an mvp, had to get one cos the vamo im using is on its last legs, as are the batteries which in fairness i've had for nearly 2 years) so with the fogger builds thats a lot of wire to be heated up . Have got some 32awg kanthal on its way to help but its kinda taking away the point of lots of surface area to get the most out of flavour and vapour production, will see how it goes.
Can see a kayfun being a good choice (?) for a mvp2 as its pretty versatile and predominantly a single coil build which should be easier for the mvp.

Think i'm going to have to get me one of these kayfun lite plus' i keep hearing about. Its a bit of a (steep) learning curve with the fogger and i know if it had been my first rta i would have just stuck to protanks, lol.
I'm limited until santa brings me a dna30 as best i can do is 1.3 ohm coils on 11 watts (waiting on an mvp, had to get one cos the vamo im using is on its last legs, as are the batteries which in fairness i've had for nearly 2 years) so with the fogger builds thats a lot of wire to be heated up . Have got some 32awg kanthal on its way to help but its kinda taking away the point of lots of surface area to get the most out of flavour and vapour production, will see how it goes.
Can see a kayfun being a good choice (?) for a mvp2 as its pretty versatile and predominantly a single coil build which should be easier for the mvp.

Absolutely love my kayfun lites when using double navy nests with silica. It's been a learning curve for me getting them setup right with microcoils and jap cotton but I'm just about there now after throwing my toys out the pram for a couple of days. I'm not a power user due to my chest so my 1.6 ohms with cotton gives me a nice vape.
Not sure what the lite plus adds to the lite as I haven't looked.
The only downside with the kayfun as I see it is emptying the juice before changing wick/coil, then filling it and somehow it doesn't taste like it did when I take the test toke with just the chimney on.

Trying to build a fogger that high resistance build is tricky.

Building 2 x 2.6ohm coils is tough.

My fogger builds usually sit at 0.6 ohm

Back
Top Bottom