What's new

Taifun GT Clone

Hahaha is it the one i've added couple other flavours too? verdict so far...be honest :-)

Sent from a vape cloud using Planet of the Vapes

Don't give up. There is a little o-ring (seal/insulator) behind the positive post. Just check to make sure it's still there, sitting neatly, and visible, behind the screw.
If push comes to shove, it's no big deal to unscrew the positive post, and re assemble, making sure that the small spring and the little o-ring are in place. Hopefully (fingers crossed) that will stop any leaking via the pin.
Although it unscrews, the positive pin is not designed to be adjustable. There is only one 'setting', this will vary from clone to clone, and amongst examples of the same clone. It's just a matter of assembling the firing pin and tightening until it's all sitting snug but once it's set for the individual GT, that's it. It won't be good in any other position. This may mean that the pin may be sticking out more on one clone than on another.

I had to bring the screw out slightly to get it to make contact with my DNA30 because it was sitting to far in. I have taken the screw out there is a spring a little sheath and an O ring. The O ring is up against the top of the screw and the spring and sheath are below it. It is really annoying because it is vaping beautifully with my Custards Last Stand. If it is still leaking tomorrow I will put a new O ring on from the spares I have.

Thanks for all the help.

I seem to have got this sorted out now, well not leaking any more but it will not fire on my DNA30 because I have adjusted the pin to where it was when I got it. It works on the mods that I can adjust the pin on but it shorts on my DNA30 because the pin is not making contact. So my next question, is there a slightly longer screw I can get so that it is far enough out to make contact on my DNA30.

Last edited:
3 pieces of 1mm voodoo wool works great with no gurgling. I also generally leave about 1mm to 2mm sticking out each side and aim for a resistance of 1 ohm give or take up to about .3.

I seem to have got this sorted out now, well not leaking any more but it will not fire on my DNA30 because I have adjusted the pin to where it was when I got it. It works on the mods that I can adjust the pin on but it shorts on my DNA30 because the pin is not making contact. So my next question, is there a slightly longer screw I can get so that it is far enough out to make contact on my DNA30.

I had the same problem with my partners mvp, can you carefully raise the pin in the DNA 30 with a little screw driver, very gently. If not the other thing I did was to adjust the screw on the TFGT and then just added an extra Oring, it stopped the little leak ;-).

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I had the same problem with my partners mvp, can you carefully raise the pin in the DNA 30 with a little screw driver, very gently. If not the other thing I did was to adjust the screw on the TFGT and then just added an extra Oring, it stopped the little leak ;-).

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Thanks, I am going to buy some more O rings.

Back
Top Bottom