What's new

Taifun GT Clone

Macmagoo

Postman
I have just built the Taifun GT clone for the first time. .25 Kanthal at 1.37 OHMS with cotton. Very good vapour but I am not over impressed with the flavour. I will see how it goes over the next few days but any advice appreciated.

I have just built the Taifun GT clone for the first time. .25 Kanthal at 1.37 OHMS with cotton. Very good vapour but I am not over impressed with the flavour. I will see how it goes over the next few days but any advice appreciated.

Less is more with the cotton on the TF.....dont twist the cotton to tight.....just have it pass through your coils nice and loose. Also, leave a slight overhang of the cotton of about 1mm-1.5mm on either side of the deck when you screw it down......

Sent From My Galaxy S4

Thanks for the info. The Taifun GT is now tasting a bit better with really good vapour production. I am starting to really enjoy it then I notice I am getting a bit of leakage from the air intake. How do I get around the leaking from the air intake?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. The Taifun GT is now tasting a bit better with really good vapour production. I am starting to really enjoy it then I notice I am getting a bit of leakage from the air intake. How do I get around the leaking from the air intake?

The taifun seems to suffer if you over wick it....try using a little less cotton and that might cure it

Sent From My Galaxy S4

A Taifun is not a Tampun, use silica or eko/voodoo and discover how much flavour the Taifun really can give. :D

You'll get the hang of it. If you leave a bit of cotton hanging out each side and then push it towards to holes, that should stop the flooding. You can sort of adjust it by tightening the chamber cap. A few times and you'll get it. Cotton and small microcoil any day of the week. Massive flavour.

Try using 28awg. I get a denser, more flavourful vape with the 28. Your coil must be quite small or very few raps with the 0.25 to come out at that resistance.

I use 8-9 wraps of 0.32 (28awg) around one of them little blue screwdrivers you get with some clone attys. I'm guessing approx 2mm diameter. It runs at approx 1.6 ohms. That's the best setup that I've found for me.

Make sure the coil sits about 2mm above the air hole. If there is a big gap I find the flavour suffers a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Last edited:
I wick my Taifuns with either cotton or silica ..... cant tell the difference :D

When i did the review of gvc last week, i had a set up of silica and cotton in 2 taifuns....both at around 1.18ohm's and the difference between cotton and silica was that the silica mutes the flavour of the custard (mesh actually picks the sweetness out of the juices more, but mutes the custard tones)

If i didnt know, i could have sworn they were 2 different custards....

Sent From My Galaxy S4

Back
Top Bottom