What's new

Taifun GT Clone

RicModMaker

Vendor
Loads of people moan about the genesis atties and almost all of them are swearing by the Taifun GT so after waiting 3 months for FT to deliver, I've finally got myself one.
Dismantled, cleaned and all the usual shenanigans.
Coiled it up with 28AWG 8 wraps 1.1ohm. Stuck my cotton through, put it back together, filled it up and had a vape. It was alright but leaked out of the airhole so I put another layer of cotton on top of the wick, put it back together and that stopped the leak.

It vapes alright, a little tight on the draw for my liking and still some gurgling. Filled it up again and I'm drinking the juice ;(
I'm typing this thread with more bog roll than the frigging andrex puppies. I'm covered in sticky shit!

All this faffing around, with a plastic tank and too many bits seems mental to me. It's also frigging massive. Long live the Kraken atty. It's a much better vape than these silly bottom coil atties.

I've just had a good look and the pipe that comes down from the drip tip cap has an oring. This pipe doesn't seem to be long enough to go into the cap that goes on top of the coil and wick? Am I missing something? When I put the cap with the grooves for the wick onto the coil section, I can push it in so far that I can;t see the writing Taifun GT. I'm presuming something should be in there to stop it going on that far?

Last edited:
Have you 'pulled up' the sleevey thing the wick sits in that is supposed to meet the pipe? Don't pull it right up tho or it'll spin the wick when you tighten the top up- mine needs to sit so you can just see the bottom of the lettering on it through the 'glass'... hope that makes sense... oh and when it starts leaking out of the air hole, tweak your coil and wick up a bit to make sure it's not touching the air pipe under it.... had all the same issues with mine to start with, but once I got the hang of it's quirks, I love it... so if you decide to sell yours, give me a shout ;)

The bit with the writing on pushes down to make wicking easier, then you're supposed to pull it back up again before putting the tank on! ;)

All done I think. I don;t know why im able to push that sleeve so far down though. It doesn't make sense to me. Have you had that problem?

I just read the rest of the thread. I see why it pushes down. I didn't pull it back up so I was getting a gob full ;p
Thanks for the tips guys.

It's designed like that to make rebuilding easier... mine has the problem of coming up too far- then the top 'post' makes it spin and mangles my wicks! Testy little feckers, but I still like mine a lot :)

There's just so many bits. I was hoping for so much more but it doesn't seem to deliver as much as the kraken. I'm glad Ive got one finally so I can compare but in my opinion the kraken is better built, smaller and less bits to break. It also vapes better with my silica and cotton setup. I also see no way to increase the airflow so it is quite a tight draw. I know some people will disagree but you are all clearly wrong! Long live the genesis Atty! ;-)

Last edited:
Did you not get a spare 'bigger' chimney with it? That should improve the draw! Can't compare to a kraken 'cause I don't have one.... damn, I'm going to have to get one now, aren't I?!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom