What's new

Struggling :(

Dont bother lol,im going to order some 0.28, 0.30 and 0.32 they seem the most used so will have a play with each

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

My next order of wire will probably be 0.30 as well.
My biggest dilemma at the moment is what to wick with. With my crap taste buds cotton isn't worth the trouble. Should the coil be slightly smaller than the silica?

Aaron1988, dont bother with the varieties just stick with .30 Kanthal from Stealthvape, I use it for microcoils in the Kayfun, 8 or 9 wraps on a 2.5mm shaft with a cotton wick. Works every time, coil lasts for weeks & weeks, takes about 4 minutes to rewick...:2thumbsup:

I will try that mate,I have a 2mm and a 3mm drill bit so I will grab a 2.5mm,8-9 wraps what ohms is that putting out?I want to be sticking around 2ohms

My next order of wire will probably be 0.30 as well.
My biggest dilemma at the moment is what to wick with. With my crap taste buds cotton isn't worth the trouble. Should the coil be slightly smaller than the silica?

Im not to sure with that as this is my 1st rba,I tried ekowool but didnt like the taste but I find cooton wall balls spot on

Cotton is better.. Smoother n cleaner than silica.. Gunks up a bit sooner if liquid is heavier though..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Cotton is better.. Smoother n cleaner than silica.. Gunks up a bit sooner if liquid is heavier though..

Im using 70/30 vg/pg take it I will be changing wicks abit then

Yep.. I mostly vape on snake oil.. N with cotton .. Have changed it probably once 2 weeks.. Even if not gunked up.. Gives a fresher flavour.. No need to change the coil though.. Just pull out the cotton carefully n insert fresh cotton in..

The wife says the flavor with cotton is amazing but I can't tell the difference :-(
Just need a way to steal her taste buds lol

I will try that mate,I have a 2mm and a 3mm drill bit so I will grab a 2.5mm,8-9 wraps what ohms is that putting out?I want to be sticking around 2ohms

8 wraps is about 1.4 so make it 10 wraps for about 1.8 to 2, Depends what you're going to use it on and what you want from it. 1.4 will heat up quicker and on a VW will give great results at about 8 or 9 watts, on a Mech it will depend on juice, airflow etc...

WAHOOOOO some 0.30mm kanthal turned up today from stealthvape and got it right 1st time,I couldnt believe it.
I wanted 2.1ohms and thats what I got, 8 wraps.

Attachments

• 1389988039185.jpg
    1389988039185.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom