What's new

Stripped Kayfun 510 connector. Advice needed.

doobyscoo

I have a Kayfun Prime. Tonight after refilling it, I tried to screw it back onto my Argis and the tank just span without engaging. I am fairly clueless about what the problem might be, but I am guessing a stripped thread. I tried an old, broken tank on the Aegis and it screwed in fine. The Kayfun won’t screw into a different mod either.

I see people talk about replacing 510 screws, Sadly, I have stone floors at home and my Kayfun has been dropped a few times recently. I noticed after one fall, the tank always seemed to screw in at a slight angle sometimes.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

I have a Kayfun Prime. Tonight after refilling it, I tried to screw it back onto my Argis and the tank just span without engaging. I am fairly clueless about what the problem might be, but I am guessing a stripped thread. I tried an old, broken tank on the Aegis and it screwed in fine. The Kayfun won’t screw into a different mod either.

I see people talk about replacing 510 screws, Sadly, I have stone floors at home and my Kayfun has been dropped a few times recently. I noticed after one fall, the tank always seemed to screw in at a slight angle sometimes.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Can you post a picture of the underside so we can see it?

It seems unlikely that the threads would strip, they are stainless steel and there's very little force applied to them in normal use. Have you snapped the whole threaded part off and it's only being held on by the positive pin, or something?

Attachments

• 90119BAA-ADB1-4B67-96CF-3DDE06D12308.jpeg
    90119BAA-ADB1-4B67-96CF-3DDE06D12308.jpeg
    960.8 KB · Views: 103
it maybe when you’ve dropped it the end part of the thread that engages with the thread on the mod has got damaged. if you look closely, can you see where the thread starts at the end of the connector? does it look damaged?

If its been screwed into a mod at a slight angle it means its been cross-threaded which can completely screw up the threads - if you know anyone that has a tap and die set maybe they can clean up the thread with a die, but other than that I can't think of a way to fix it.

If you have a broken mod you can try starting the thread by putting the tank on, start screwing anti-clockwise until it hopefully catches - then try screwing it in, trying to keep it as straight as possible. Don't do this with a working mod as you may end up with a knackerer 510 on the mod

it maybe when you’ve dropped it the end part of the thread that engages with the thread on the mod has got damaged. if you look closely, can you see where the thread starts at the end of the connector? does it look damaged?
I can see where the thread starts, and yes, I can possibly see something not right. Old eyes, sadly. I might need daylight and a magnifying glass.
It seems unlikely that the threads would strip, they are stainless steel and there's very little force applied to them in normal use. Have you snapped the whole threaded part off and it's only being held on by the positive pin, or something?
No, I don’t think the threaded part has snapped off. Maybe I should strip down the whole thing and take a look.

No, I don’t think the threaded part has snapped off. Maybe I should strip down the whole thing and take a look.

That sounds like the best idea... we can keep guessing, but at the end of the day you have it in front of you, we don't.

If its been screwed into a mod at a slight angle it means its been cross-threaded which can completely screw up the threads - if you know anyone that has a tap and die set maybe they can clean up the thread with a die, but other than that I can't think of a way to fix it.

If you have a broken mod you can try starting the thread by putting the tank on, start screwing anti-clockwise until it hopefully catches - then try screwing it in, trying to keep it as straight as possible. Don't do this with a working mod as you may end up with a knackerer 510 on the mod

Back
Top Bottom