What's new

Stepping into the build world

the mutt

Achiever
So I have read the how to bits etc but I need a platform to start on.

So in your opinions where is best to start with building coils.

What deck/tank is good for a starter.
Where is the best place to get the parts needed?
What extras should I consider (tools and stuff)

I am not looking to sell body parts to afford to get into this but obviously I don't want to go so budget it becomes a waste of time, effort and money.

I am also not adversed to buying someone's castoffs so feel free to offer anything you may think would be of interest.

So I have read the how to bits etc but I need a platform to start on.

So in your opinions where is best to start with building coils.

What deck/tank is good for a starter.
Where is the best place to get the parts needed?
What extras should I consider (tools and stuff)

I am not looking to sell body parts to afford to get into this but obviously I don't want to go so budget it becomes a waste of time, effort and money.

I am also not adversed to buying someone's castoffs so feel free to offer anything you may think would be of interest.

I'd say something like a Taifun GT would be a good place to start as you can remove the deck and fiddle with your coil/wick without having to drain the tank. They also have good flavour the airflow ain't bad either.

Depends really if you have tried other tanks and have an airflow preference.

I actually brought a cheap dripper as my first rebuildable just to get used to coiling etc

^^^ Can't say no more than that really, I'm probably a bit biased towards the Taifun as I love them but for ease of build, flavour and decent size tank its hard to beat, sure other rba's out there but IMO not as good for someone on the stepping stones.

I can chip in with a Tools recommendation!!

'The Box' from Vape Vine. £50 but has everything you need to get started including ohms checker, 3 samples of wires, different wicking materials and plenty more. I just got started rebuilding this week and had NOTHING. I took delivery of this Yesterday and i already love it!!

Vapevine — The Box by Vapevine

TheBoxRed.jpg

Current use is nauty with the biggest airhole open so I like good airflow.

I will have a look into the Taifun, what sort of price range would be expected on that?

Toolkit wise that looks good, think I have most of those things already from various tinkerings so might just be adding what I don't have but certainly a good bench to start from.

Have a look at the Kayfun as well. Very forgiving and easy to build.

That's my tuppence worth.

As a fellow new builder I thought I'd chuck in my two pence worth, I didn't want to go for a clone and funds only allowed a £30 budget, so I went of a Smok RSBT, and I have to say it has been faultless and easy to get on with. Other than an ohm checker the only other things I use are a pair of tweezers, a small pair of scissors, a pair of nail clippers some kanthal wire and organic cotton wool balls. I got my kanthal from the crazy wire company (about £4) cotton wool from boots, and the other bits were already in the house but would probably cost less than a tenner.

HTH.

Please don't be fooled by my non existent post count I don't use the forum an awful lot. I would also take the orchid v3 into account designed by aether tech this is an awesome piece of kit from the guys that brought us the plume veil rda.
I got a 1:1 clone off fleabay a few weeks back and it blows my taifun gt and genuine kayfun lite outta the water the air flow is immense, it actuall outperforms my nimbus dripper when set up with identical spec builds at 0.6 ohms.
Massive cool clouds, good juice capacity, nice and easy to build with the 2 hole positive block and all for less than £25 delivered.

Sorry for the essay lol just my opinion but hopefully it helps somewhere.

Esseys are all good, rather the extra info than going in blind.

I was also looking at RDAs, I would assume by that you rate the Plume Veil?

As for OHM checker I have the MVP2 which has that built in so that is handy :)

Back
Top Bottom