What's new

Starter RDA gubbins

TC requires a good mod, and even then you will have to read about and tweak. Voopoo drag, good TC performance but only with custom values. Vaporesso mods with the omni board 4 , good TC but the TCR needs to be lowered under the standard value to read properly. Also thing to mind is that TC does not like too low coils. Smok Alien mod does not even bother to run TC on SS316 at 0.18 ohms but at 0.5 ohms ... It does something .. ( it's crap anyways ). The vaporesson armour pro is at the limit on the same coils , works ok, and the voppoo drag runs beautifully on the same coil.( 0.18 ss316) DNA's are the king here but also a hole in the budget.

Update: after realising my FastTech Drop Solo RDA order was still many days/weeks away from being delivered i picked up a cheap Goon clone from Ralfys Emporium (thanks for the link @cliveh2).
Early impressions are good, seems easy to coil & wick (just using pre-built coils with Firebolt cotton to start with), and getting a good amount of flavour & clouds.

I picked up a well priced pre-built coil variety box so i could try out some different wire without my noob coil-building skills skewing the results, but eventually i hope to settle on a couple of preferred wire types and start making my own.
All my pre-built coils are Kanthal, but i then heard SS316 was a good starter choice for ease of build and flavour (i'm not too fussed about moving straight to TC now after the good advice given above, but if i do go SS316 then the TC door is still open in the future).
- what's the general consensus here: any significant advantage of SS316 over Kanthal for an RDA noob? ...or a better alternate choice of wire you'd recommend?
Ss316 all the way for me, cleanest taste, easy to work with, TC was just too much of a pain in the arse for me so have up with it after a few weeks [emoji6]

Back
Top Bottom