What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

SS Mesh and Kanthal prices

I'm 1095. Just ordered a wee bit of mesh and wire as I'm still playing around with rebuildables with limited success.

They're a black art keep going with it mate, although I keep finding myself going back to DCT's

They're a black art keep going with it mate, although I keep finding myself going back to DCT's
I know. I gave up with the cobra and sold it. Now got the AGA-T for another less costly go at it. I still love my carto tanks too.

I love my Aga .. and my iGo's .. but for sheer .. I know I will be able to vape this and take it out reliability .. you cant beat a carto and DCT

I have found that my coils are too tight on silica wick and stop wicking sometimes. However when building a V wick I slipped some of the sleeving @Peejayuu kindly sent me with the Siam trade (along with an A4 sheet of mesh - which was incredibly kind) over the wick before I coiled and the wicking became really good. The sleeving is 5ml ID so a bit too big for a 2ml wick in U format. Nice neat coils and no dry hits.

I have found that my coils are too tight on silica wick and stop wicking sometimes. However when building a V wick I slipped some of the sleeving @Peejayuu kindly sent me with the Siam trade (along with an A4 sheet of mesh - which was incredibly kind) over the wick before I coiled and the wicking became really good. The sleeving is 5ml ID so a bit too big for a 2ml wick in U format. Nice neat coils and no dry hits.

Mines about 5mm as well bryan .. what Ive done is cut a slit up the tube .. and slip one side inside the other .. you can make it whatever size you want then .. you could even cut a section out and do it if that makes it too thick.

I've got a boat load of it. Inner diameter 2mm and 3mm. It's 60/40 alulminoborosilicate glass fibre and organic silica gel. I've not added it to the store yet.

Or there's this http://www.health-e-vape.co.uk/ss-maximus---wick-tubes-5-pcs-4034-p.asp

Not sure it will be that easy to get in pure silica. My wick guy could only get the glass fibre stuff and he's the daddy of silica hehe

Could you post on here Rob when you put it up on your site please? I will definitely be buying some. I am not sure yet what gives me the best vape - coils on carbonized mesh or coils on mesh wrapped with silicone sleeve. Certainly the latter are the most reliable and long lasting.

Could you post on here Rob when you put it up on your site please? I will definitely be buying some. I am not sure yet what gives me the best vape - coils on carbonized mesh or coils on mesh wrapped with silicone sleeve. Certainly the latter are the most reliable and long lasting.

and certainly less frustrating!

do we know if they give off any nasties?

and certainly less frustrating!

do we know if they give off any nasties?

I specifically asked my supplier about polymers and resins which is what sleeving normally has in it and he just said glass fibre and silica gel. If you torch it gently it smokes a little or if you properly hit it with the hottest part of the torch it blackens on the surface but I think you're looking at 1800c with a butane torch.

I'll add it now.

2.5mm and 3.5mm wick is available now too btw

Back
Top Bottom