What's new

Squape R Clone on Focal

The Focal clone is not using ematal and if this is anything like the Rose V2 clone it will be a poor copy.

Thanks for the info guys, do you notice anything on here that would possible lead to a difference in the vape?

Differences in the external contours is no big deal, and phlashbios if you're right about the ematel coating on the deck (would be pissed off if that's true as it would mean FC are being outright dishonest in their product description) i guess this will create a risk of builds shorting, do you see any other causes for concern with this piece?
Really?
I got one of those Rose V2 clones and it looks and performs exactly like the genuine, the finish is a tad brighter - other than that it is indistinguishable from the Eden.
The Focal clone is not using ematal and if this is anything like the Rose V2 clone it will be a poor copy.

Ha, the original nano isn't even out yet, so I think it will be a wait until its reproduced.

100% Just send me a message as soon as you get it. Have quite a bit of free time now the evil one is back at school so can get it back to you sharpish too.

Think it was smiley that recommended the lemongrass (?!) for wicking, as it just wicks a bit too well (!!) with muji...inspired by his post, I wapped some ol cotton ball in there and it works great.

Thanks man appreciated, with yours and others review of this im looking forward to trying it more then the squape lol Will do some research on the wicking materials you mentioned, i haven't ventured outside of cotton yet its all i use at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I've yet to see a detailed comparison, bearing in mind also that the Rose v2 has been cloned by at least 2 different manufacturers. Can you oblige @Macmagoo with a list of differences as you've found them? For those of us wth a try before buy mentality to clones, it's very useful to know.

The Heron had great reports, so I got myself a VH-Puffin for £30. Soon added a genuine 510 connector as that seemed to be a key difference and weakness in the Puffin, then added the genuine base. A Spheroid followed so Vapour Art have not lost out through the existence of a clone. I spent £30 on a clone, then over £250 with Vapour Art. Can work the same way for the Rose and SQuape R.

I still think there's a dual price point business model available to the high end designer/manufacturers that beats the cloners at their own game and would be 1. a lot cheaper in the long run than legal action, 2. serve the entire vaping community (their customer base) well, 3. enhance their own mass manufacturing knowledge and skills and 4. increase their top line and cash flow. The longer they refuse the option the longer the clone wars will continue.

Last edited:
. The longer they refuse the option the longer the clone wars will continue.

Trouble is if lets say svoemesto priced a kayfun at lets say 30 quid, people would still buy the 20 quid clone.
The Russian is 55 notes I think, the expromizer is 48, the aga t7 25 pounds. They dont sell in bucket loads.

Shit silica from crazy mesh v quality silica from stealthvape. I wager most people on here and aaec get the cheapest.

From a thread this week AW batteries that were clearly too cheap to be true, people were like flies round shit.

Hey ho.
Such is life.

Shit silica from crazy mesh v quality silica from stealthvape. I wager most people on here and aaec get the cheapest.

I hope their mesh is OK, because I just ordered some from them. Their Kanthal is fine. never tried their silica, as I don't use silica.

Trouble is if lets say svoemesto priced a kayfun at lets say 30 quid, people would still buy the 20 quid clone.
The Russian is 55 notes I think, the expromizer is 48, the aga t7 25 pounds. They dont sell in bucket loads.

From a thread this week AW batteries that were clearly too cheap to be true, people were like flies round shit.

Hey ho.
Such is life.
Yeah, you're undoubtedly right but there's market share aside from the financially challenged and committed cheapskates. We get a stilted view on the forums.
If Svoemesto simultaneously launched a v4 at £75 and a market swamping Chinese version of it at £29.99, how many cloners would get out of bed to mass produce it? They'd be weeks behind the sales curve, anyone who wanted one would already have one. I think there's a fair few buyers would rather pay £10 more for the second grade rather than the unknown provenance of the clone and I don't think it would affect sales of the premium branded item by a single one. It can only strengthen brand loyalty with a wide base that presently doesn't deal with them at all.
There's plenty of money to be made from after market stuff and spares too, as they know with Mod Factory.
If Svoemesto offer all the sales channels this kind of volume business, they'd be in a much better position to divert their attention away from sourcing cloned versions. You just make it easier to sell your products than handle knock offs.
It's not without its challenges, but it's an option with its own merits.

I've yet to see a detailed comparison, bearing in mind also that the Rose v2 has been cloned by at least 2 different manufacturers. Can you oblige @Macmagoo with a list of differences as you've found them? For those of us wth a try before buy mentality to clones, it's very useful to know.

The Heron had great reports, so I got myself a VH-Puffin for £30. Soon added a genuine 510 connector as that seemed to be a key difference and weakness in the Puffin, then added the genuine base. A Spheroid followed so Vapour Art have not lost out through the existence of a clone. I spent £30 on a clone, then over £250 with Vapour Art. Can work the same way for the Rose and SQuape R.

I still think there's a dual price point business model available to the high end designer/manufacturers that beats the cloners at their own game and would be 1. a lot cheaper in the long run than legal action, 2. serve the entire vaping community (their customer base) well, 3. enhance their own mass manufacturing knowledge and skills and 4. increase their top line and cash flow. The longer they refuse the option the longer the clone wars will continue.

A few things that I noticed when I had a look at one. I stripped it down. I cut my fingers in a few places with the sharp threads. The threading is rough. The ceramic cup sometimes gets stuck and very difficult to get out. The airflo hole does not quite line up correctly. It is noisy through the airflow. The overall quality of the metal is not in the same league as the original. I could go on but perhaps I don't need to as I have just read that a few company's selling the Squape R and Rose V2 have been issued with cease and desist notices from Stattqualm and Eden Mods.

Just to clarify I do not have a problem with clones however, a clone is an exact copy and unfortunately I have yet to see an exact copy of the Squape R or the Rose V2.

Back
Top Bottom