POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register
  1. The POTV Charity Fundraising Event for 2019 is go! Check out the prizes and make your donations here.
    Dismiss Notice

Squape R Clone on Focal

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Mods and Devices' started by Dr Manhattan, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Mr.Motivapr

Mr.Motivapr Achiever

You spun me out then, you changed your username you crafty devil :)

2. scrumpox

scrumpox Veteran

Think Nats been down the gym and vaping too much blueberry ... ;)

3. Dr Manhattan

Dr Manhattan Achiever

Who? Me? When? No clue what youre talking about ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1413413619.158619.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

4. Dr Manhattan

Dr Manhattan Achiever

Plus it was freezing that day

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

5. scrumpox

scrumpox Veteran

Cancelled my order ... spent the voucher on an Orchid v4 and Flash-e-vapor v2 ... Erlkonigin's supposed to be in stock Friday at focal, but I just don't fancy that one after watching "Pete" Busardo's review ... who'd want Kayfun performance from a Vivi nova lookie-likie?

These bloody Huns ... good engineers, piss poor designers ... SQuape, Flash-e-vapor and Erlkonigin are all butt ugly atties. Rose, Heron and Kayfun's aesthetics are in a different league.

6. staxbg

staxbg Initiate

Simple solution for the Squape r ohms

Right, mine started again with the ohms jumping. Took it apart and the problem is in the bottom deck. If the centre pin is not screwed completely the resistance is jumping all over. If I tighten the pin to the end its OK, but it sinks inside the 510 connection and no contact at all.

Solution: took a hex screw from Rose v2(those small ones which tighten the kanthal to the posts with no head) and screw it up side down, as a opposite threading on the centre pin. Because the lack of screw head it enters in the air hole without problem at all. The only thing is that the centre pin is protruding too much and it can't stay flush with the some of my mods. Tomorrow will cut 1mm out of the threading of the centre pin and will be again flush to the mods. BTW only IPV2 without the adjustable screw now can stay flush with the SquapeR. Now its all good again.

Obviously they coated the bottom deck with ematal after they made the threading for the centre pin and that causes all that ohms jumping because there is no good contact between the centre pin and bottom deck. But this is a clone after all for £16 and a bit of TLC will bring it on the track again. No point for paying the return costs to FC for now.

7. pac2401

pac2401 Postman

Anyone tried or heard if the no logo version Angelfire are selling of this is any good?

8. Big Kev

Big Kev Achiever

£36.89, for an atty with no logo on it, no thanks mate, especially with the current dodgy clones out there.

9. ChrisA

ChrisA Postman

There's a couple on ebay for about £28 not sure if it's worth a punt though

10. pac2401

pac2401 Postman

Its £32.99 which puts in the middle of the prices ive seen around.
    Personally I feel the fact that its unbranded is a plus point for me but thats just my opinion.
    I asked originally as theres a youtube review by vaping shozza on one of these. Its by 'coppervape' and he gives it a generally positive review versus his original.
    The Angelfire version has the same packaging and is presented the same way the only difference being the lack of branding on the Angelfire version.
    Id happily pay 36.89 plus the postage if this is a good one.
    At £32.99 it would be a bit of a bargain if it is decent.