What's new

(Solved) Beginner struggling to build successful duel coil

StuPot

Achiever
I bought a Igo w the other day to use on a Vamo, short term as the lowest I can go on the Vamo is 1.3 ohm. I attempted to make duel coils at 1.3 which took 13 wraps on each coil, only when I fire it up, even at max vv vw it takes about 4 seconds for the coils to glow, and then it's still not producing much vapour. Please take a look at this pic and tell me what's wrong, I know they aren't the tidiest of coils but they are glowing from the inside out:

Attachments

• 1398999253863.jpg
    1398999253863.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Too many wraps, that's far too much wire! and the coils look pretty big.

You want 8 to 10 wraps around something a lot smaller than you're using now, try a tooth pick.

95LPsU5l.jpg

This is something I did earlier.

Thanks for that, both of you, but that calculator is saying it's not too many wraps, it's nearly right, it's recommending 15 wraps rather than 13, I'm kinda stumped.

i use .32 kanthal and only need about 6-7 wraps to get just below a 1 ohm coil.. I wrap around a super tiny screw driver

i use .32 kanthal and only need about 6-7 wraps to get just below a 1 ohm coil.. I wrap around a super tiny screw driver

Dual coils? I need to get both at 2.6 to equal 1.3. Hmm I may just use one coil until I get more practice.

I really don't understand what went wrong with that. The coils were 3mm diameter, too much? Maybe do more wraps smaller diameter?

I'm using a tiny single coil for now, 1.4 ohm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom