What's new

Smoke store Taifun GT4... Week so far

Nutmeg

Postman
So.. last week I ordered my Taifun GT4 with modified chimney (to allow more than 2 ml) and DL airflow post.

Unwrapping was a pleasure... As I'd got it from Cremedevape, thy had wrapped it in tissue paper and enclosed a toffee as well lol bonus!!

First impressions pre vaping

So easy to take a part nice threads everywhere and immediately swapped over the post and chimney. Pretty simple to do.

Building...

As it's a single coil RTA it was fairly simple... Only one tiny problem trying to the one of the legs into the block (kept squirting out) but once that was secure it was fairly simple...

Wicking was easy but I have found later when vaping its best to put BIG tails on so the juice channel is completely filled with cotton. Then primed with my juice.

I used a 0.5 ohm Kanthal dual Clapton (can't recall how many wraps)

Filling

Turning off the juice flow can be a bit fiddly.. the nurling isn't quite grippy enough... So have to loosen off the main tank slightly the then twist the ring when it's loosened off, not a huge amount so it leaks..just enough so the ring can move so the juice flow can shut off.

Top cap unscrews nicely and filling is VERY easy with the modded chimney. Using Supergood Butter 08 (tasty!) With 20 ml shot of 18mg nicsalts.

Then opened up the juice flow and could see nice bubbles forming as the wick drank up the juice.

Vaping

With full airflow set ( dual bottom fed), wattage set to 45, started to vape.. wow it was tasty... Good clouds but more importantly taste was amazing.it was so good the tank only lasted me not even half a day... I tried it on a variety of mods and found it worked well on the Odin 100, Drag X Plus, and Smoant NaBoo. As it was .5 ohms I tried it with the Innokin Sensis at 40 w and 30hz (yes the F0 seems to do something) and it was still fairly tasty but slightly cooler.

No real issues with leaking or dry hits but was extra careful switching the juice flow on and off as needed.

Yes it's an expensive RTA, however you get what you pay for!

Highly recommend for anything between MTL and a restrictive DL (it's not overly restrictive but as I'm a flavour freak I'm not too worried about oodles of clouds)

Nice review, you're right, you get what you pay for, you buy cheap, you buy twice, enjoy your new attie :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom