What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

SMOK TFV8 Baby RBA

Martin Cook

Initiate
Hi,

I have been vaping for a while now and over the last year been making my own juices.
Recently I invested in a TFV8 RBA. Once I resolved the inherent glass size issue I started in the world of building coils.
So far I have been building a new one daily. Please see the pic below.
This is a 3mm inner diameter, Kanthal A1, 7 wraps.
I used the scottish role technique and cotton bacon wick.
I checked on steam engine and ohms should be 3.3 wattage 56.
My ohms come out at 3.22 which seems good. No leaks and nice air bubbles when I vape.I am running my device at 46 Watts.
My question is this. My wickes start tasting burnt after 1 day (20ml juice), I am guessing this is normal?
Also my flavour seems to be diminishing very quick? This could be just my mix of juice, I am going to create a different flavour later today.
Maybe you can see a fault in my build below?
Just out of interest I am currently vaping a 2mg nic 70vg 30 pg flavour west blueberry.
I am going to make my favourite batch of Sweet strawberry cheesecake with a maple syrup topping to try with this device next.

20210210_132528.jpg

I'd suggest ditching the kanthal and using Ni80 or SS and spacing the wraps. I suspect those coils are retaining heat and burning your wicks.

Thanks John. I will get both and try. I bought my Kanthal from Stealth Vapes. Would you recommend buying from anywhere else?
Would it be worth trying a smaller wire too?

I don't think you stated the thickness of your Ka. Stealthvape are the go-to for wire tbh but others are out there too.

I use 24awg brochome for my mechs but tend to use whatever suits for what I'm building on, from Nife to Titanium through SS for making up claptons, use steam-engine to work out which wire and awg will work best for what you're aiming for.

Thank you John, I really appreciate your advise. I have just ordered some Ni80 24 AWG and SS 316L 26 AWG. Will have a play around and see what suits.:)2

Be very careful with the posts on it, back when I started vaping I picked up this RBA and one of the posts came loose within a week causing shorts/disconnects, leading me down the route of RTA's.

I'm not trying to knock it, and I know you weren't asking about this - just a heads up :D

I'd suggest ditching the kanthal and using Ni80 or SS and spacing the wraps. I suspect those coils are retaining heat and burning your wicks.
Exactly.
3.3 ohms... those are not vape coils but stoves

and I cant imagine how much that drains batteries

Back
Top Bottom