What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Smok RGC RBA issue and advice

Stevronius

Postman
Hi guys

I did it and finally caved to the peer pressure and got a pod device. I feel disappointed in myself and am having trouble looking at myself in the mirror! The thing is though I got a Smok Fetch Pro for £14.99 two weeks ago and so also treated myself to the RBA head for the RGC pod.

I built it up on an ohms reader and noticed the ohms fluctuating a bit but thought that could just be from the 510 adaptor there provide. I installed my build and nothing happened. Ohms too low; then ohms too high then it would fire then it wouldn’t and so it would continue:

I took the RBA off and checked everything was right and sure enough it was so I thought the only option was a complete disassembly of the head. I stripped it down and found a load of fine machining residue around the insulator which looked like it had metal particles in. I guess it was shorting out. I put the whole lot including all screws through a hot soapy ultrasonic bath and rinse before rebuilding it. Immediately the coil read what it was meant to and was rock steady.

My advice is to definitely clean this RBA thoroughly before use to save a kid of problems. Good news is that once working the flavour and wicking is in point. The flavour is easily a match for the 0.4ohm mesh RPM coils. The RGC coils where utter trash and dry hit central so I binned it after 100 puffs! But the RGC RBA is, in the words of Grimm, Stella!

I hope that’s of some help to anyone having similar issues or pondering on getting one. I would recommend it though. It’s my new driving device as it’s light and doesn’t make too much vapour.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom