What's new

Smok prince rba

Yeah I have 6 RBA's and they are all behaving as they should, 2 of them I had to modify with a dremmel but the ones after that were obviously an improved version as they didn't bottom out.
Can you remember roughly what wattage they vaped best at on their original coils?

Yeah around 60 watts maybe a few watts higher.
Ah ok cheers. I started at 70 and was working my way upwards - wrong direction ! You know what actually, seeing your avatar now I've just clicked, think I saw a post you did some time ago mentioning 66.6W was a favourite, Was that you ?

Good memory! yeah 66.6 is still my goto wattage on many Prince RBA builds (it started with my Cloud Beast RBA - the number of the beast and all that)

Good memory! yeah 66.6 is still my goto wattage on many Prince RBA builds (it started with my Cloud Beast RBA - the number of the beast and all that)
Question.. In your honest opinion, having probably tried a few by now, would you suggest I dump the supplied coils and get/build some more? If so do you have any recommendations that would be a good starting point? My general preferred ballpark is around the 0.3-0.4Ω mark (total)

Personal preferences and all that play a factor, juices, Mouth to Lung or Direct To Lung, cool vape, warm vape etc.

Based on my 70/30 pudding type juices and warmer vape here's where I'm at.

The supplied fused Clapton coils are pretty good but I mostly use Kanthal Flapton wire, spaced coils work best for me as I use 'coil killer' pudding type juices.

I'm still playing around with different wires so probably the wrong person to ask, Stainless, Ni80, but I still go back to the trusty simple 5 wrap build Kanthal Flapton wire as it just works well for me in the Prince RBA deck.

Apart from that, the selection boxes from Demon Killer etc. were what I experimented with at first and are good to try, most should come out around the ohms you are looking for but you might need an extra wrap on some.

Playing around with different wires is all part of the hobby for me.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Personal preferences and all that play a factor, juices, Mouth to Lung or Direct To Lung, cool vape, warm vape etc.

Based on my 70/30 pudding type juices and warmer vape here's where I'm at.

The supplied fused Clapton coils are pretty good but I mostly use Kanthal Flapton wire, spaced coils work best for me as I use 'coil killer' pudding type juices.

I'm still playing around with different wires so probably the wrong person to ask, Stainless, Ni80, but I still go back to the trusty simple 5 wrap build Kanthal Flapton wire as it just works well for me in the Prince RBA deck.

Apart from that, the selection boxes from Demon Killer etc. were what I experimented with at first and are good to try, most should come out around the ohms you are looking for but you might need an extra wrap on some.

Playing around with different wires is all part of the hobby for me.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
No that's fine, I'm just starting out with this so what you've said makes sense. I think I'll just begin with similar fused claptons, maybe go a gauge up and make up for it with an extra wrap who knows, it's all a learning curve. With this RBA though I guess one is fairly limited by the 2mm post holes, so I suppose some of the more exotic coils like staggered, alien etc just won't fit. Suits me though, I prefer to learn slowly but surely ! :)

Just wound my first pair, didn't go too bad actually. I did a 3mm 5.5 wrap of 2-26/32 all ka, came out at about a 0.27 ohm build. However, ramp time - slooooooow. Had to vape at 80W to minimise it enough but it became too hot a vape. Plus the coils were about as close as I'd dare to the bell cap. Think I need to try a 2-28/36, or even a 2-30/38 (maybe even at 2.5mm on that). I've seen both those premade on reels but expensive, and let's face it less fun!
Though it seems as those thinner gauges it's much easier to source in Ni80 than ka.

Back
Top Bottom