What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Smok prince rba

maaa242

Postman
Hello.
I have smok prince tank and I'm waiting now for rba to be delivered.
There's info on the site that it's 0.25 ohm rba
Can I use more then this?
I have atm smok mag with Samsung 30q batteries.
It's my first attempt with rda and watt controlled mod so any advice appreciated

Would like to know what your results of using the RBA are mate as I'm looking at getting the prince & possibly an RBA sooner rather than later

Would like to know what your results of using the RBA are mate as I'm looking at getting the prince & possibly an RBA sooner rather than later
I will let you know after few days of testing

I have the Smok Prince RBA and it's their usual hit & miss quality, the deck short fuses and the ohm's jump around.

It's a similar workaround to other Smok RBA, in this case the base is too long so if you assemble the proper way you get problems, if you screw the base into your mod first then nip the RBA finger tight it usually works, this happens on every build I have done on it, I could be just unlucky and got a duff one.

It's the same when trying to build on a Coilmaster deck, if you screw the base and RBA first then it won't screw all the way down on the deck.

You can see the problem as it pushes the 510 pin too far.

I am going to grind about 0.5mm from the base and see if that sorts it.

I've bought 5 assorted Smok RBA's and only 2 worked properly (1 was already cross threaded, 2 had the silicon seal fitted wrong and the other I had to hammer the centre pin)

I hope you have more luck.

On the plus side, when you get your build right the tank is superb! despite it's flaws it's my best tank for flavour, the massive air vents and juice holes just work.
(the stock coils are overpriced and crap quality, fitted one lasted all of 3 tank fulls at 65 watts before dry hitting, and the other was way too high power for my taste.

I currently have Alien 5 wrap coils in mine coming out around 0.24 Ohm's but I prefer the original fused claptons.

I have the Smok Prince RBA and it's their usual hit & miss quality, the deck short fuses and the ohm's jump around.

It's a similar workaround to other Smok RBA, in this case the base is too long so if you assemble the proper way you get problems, if you screw the base into your mod first then nip the RBA finger tight it usually works, this happens on every build I have done on it, I could be just unlucky and got a duff one.

It's the same when trying to build on a Coilmaster deck, if you screw the base and RBA first then it won't screw all the way down on the deck.

You can see the problem as it pushes the 510 pin too far.

I am going to grind about 0.5mm from the base and see if that sorts it.

I've bought 5 assorted Smok RBA's and only 2 worked properly (1 was already cross threaded, 2 had the silicon seal fitted wrong and the other I had to hammer the centre pin)

I hope you have more luck.

On the plus side, when you get your build right the tank is superb! despite it's flaws it's my best tank for flavour, the massive air vents and juice holes just work.
(the stock coils are overpriced and crap quality, fitted one lasted all of 3 tank fulls at 65 watts before dry hitting, and the other was way too high power for my taste.

I currently have Alien 5 wrap coils in mine coming out around 0.24 Ohm's but I prefer the original fused claptons.
Just wondered if you ever got to the bottom of this deck (see what I did there?), as I'm considering getting one cos I'm not paying ten quid every couple of weeks for coil heads, it's ridiculous.

Yeah I have 6 RBA's and they are all behaving as they should, 2 of them I had to modify with a dremmel but the ones after that were obviously an improved version as they didn't bottom out.

Yeah I have 6 RBA's and they are all behaving as they should, 2 of them I had to modify with a dremmel but the ones after that were obviously an improved version as they didn't bottom out.
Nice one cheers. I'm trying to find a B&M in the London area that keeps it as I'm up there in a couple of days, but I've not found any yet. Still looking.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get the RBA from? I tried getting one off fleabay and it hasn't turned up. :(
There's one on Amazon but a bit of digging throws up a load of complaints of fakes from many of the seller's other items.

I have them in the sale.
I have 3 in my princes but about to try the strip coil instead so wish me luck
Can anyone recommend a good place to get the RBA from? I tried getting one off fleabay and it hasn't turned up. :(
There's one on Amazon but a bit of digging throws up a load of complaints of fakes from many of the seller's other items.

OK so I'm new to RBAs, so I've watched a few tutorials and wicked it up, on the coils it came with. However I'm not getting a lot of vapour and it's popping and spitting quite violently. Started by cutting cotton about 10mm wide, then pulled that out and went up to 12mm pieces, a bit tougher to pull through the coils but went in. Doing the same thing though, pops and spits pretty loudly. Still not enough cotton maybe?

EDIT: Ok so I've cut about 15mm wide now, and even with a good roll it's only just going through without bending the coils. But it is vaping a bit better now.

Vaping it on x-priv at about 70-75W, it's ohming out to about 0.275R.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom