What's new

Slug clone?

Mine arrived today too and my impressions are very similar to manic_asif

The switch mechanism does have a bit too much play in it but I suspect a tiny brass or copper washer placed over the screw would fill the small gap and eliminate this.
I will have to locate one.

Initially I had the same issue with it only firing every other press but I found, on mine that the end cap for the copper battery sleeve was a little loose and when I tightened it up hard the issue has all but gone.
It does seem to need a firm press though.
The locking pin isn`t the greatest. again a bit too loose when unscrewed and I think it will easily drop out if you are not careful but as I`m only really using this mod at home I will probably just stow the pin in a drawer and not use it at all.

I only really use Aerotanks these days and they fit and fire just fine, screw down all the way without issue.

Unlike my Kato it also plays nicely with button top batteries as well as flat tops.

Overall, for the money I`m happy with it, it works well enough and is unusual and quirky, the Brass and Wood are both perfect and unblemished and other than the issues above, the fit and build quality seem to be good.

Glad I got it and the usual good service from Matt at M-vapes.

glad to see positive responses about this, looking forward to ordering one next month

M-Vapes have sold out, anyone know when Puff palace are getting stock? Or M-Vapes for that matter lol

Mine arrived today too and my impressions are very similar to @manic_asif

The switch mechanism does have a bit too much play in it but I suspect a tiny brass or copper washer placed over the screw would fill the small gap and eliminate this.
I will have to locate one.

Initially I had the same issue with it only firing every other press but I found, on mine that the end cap for the copper battery sleeve was a little loose and when I tightened it up hard the issue has all but gone.
It does seem to need a firm press though.
The locking pin isn`t the greatest. again a bit too loose when unscrewed and I think it will easily drop out if you are not careful but as I`m only really using this mod at home I will probably just stow the pin in a drawer and not use it at all.

I only really use Aerotanks these days and they fit and fire just fine, screw down all the way without issue.

Unlike my Kato it also plays nicely with button top batteries as well as flat tops.

Overall, for the money I`m happy with it, it works well enough and is unusual and quirky, the Brass and Wood are both perfect and unblemished and other than the issues above, the fit and build quality seem to be good.

Glad I got it and the usual good service from Matt at M-vapes.

I've got the switch figured out now, there is a technique to it. Place your thumb or finger directly on top of the switch, and pull it to the right with a little bit of pressure. Works every time.

A few things to note on this mod if you are having firing issues or trigger problems, this will help you out (i hope) if you have not already figured it out.

1) The trigger (fire button) is supported by a spring which sits behind the top of the trigger leg. It is held in position in a cut out in the wood body (you'll see the shape in the wood towards the top of the body that would normally sit under the cap. If this has not been positioned correctly when assembled it can prevent proper movement of the leg to the copper battery sleeve which creates a complete connection. If this is the case, you will need to disassemble the top cap and parts to reassemble correctly. Once the spring is positioned well it will have free and smooth movement, allowing the mod to fire correctly every time. If you are having this issue, before you follow the above make sure you have undone the locking screw enough, if you don't this can prevent full movement of the trigger and it will catch - try this before doing the first step. If you have to do the first step and are not confident, send it back to the supplier as they will be able to do this for you. If you are confident enough, there is a technique to get the components back together and on the mod. Put the spring into position and hold it in place using a screwdriver from the bottom of the mod, then take your fully assembled top cap with trigger fully locked and drop it down onto the top of the body with the leg of the trigger sliding over the spring (still held in place with a flat head screwdriver). Once the top cap is in position you will be able to remove the screwdriver holding the spring in place and put the screws into place to fix the top cap back in position. (this can be very tricky so be aware before doing it)

2) As stated before if the atomiser is not firing correctly following this to ensure the floating copper 510 pin is push fully upwards into the 510 connection, reapply your atomiser of choice and all should be well in the world of vaping with a Slug Mod.

Last thing don't forget that the locking screw needs to be undone enough to give the trigger enough room to move freely.

Happy to take any messages if anyone is struggling with their Slug.

My atty sits at a right angle, help appreciated ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I got my Slug from Matt at Mvapes during the week, I love it....so much so I had to find a brass dripper to finish it off (TOBH clone). No problems with it so far, as long as you unscrew the lock screw enough, it fires everytime.
Proper job!

Back
Top Bottom