What's new

Silica or cotton?

I have 4 igo l's all microcoiled with cotton , so easy to change the cotton , only thing i use now .

I see lots of people saying cotton is better than silica wick. Ive Only just started my RBA journey and am wondering why it is better?

silica .. especially at the beginning of your journey

cotton is flammable ... as good as it tastes .. to me common sense dictates don't use anything that burns .. near heat ... simples

It holds enough juice for quite a while. I don;t see a need to use anything else either now. The only problem I have now is I just got a new Kanger Protank II and I don't need to use it. It's a bit small for the light sabre ;)

Made my first micro coil with cotton wool for my KFL yesterday and I love it. So easy and the taste is awesome.

Yes I'm cotton and microcoil mad as well. Have them in my KFL and all my other attys even in my gennys, imo they are brill.

Main thing which gets me using cotton, it holds a LOT more liquid and ofc its so easy to replace if used with a microcoil.

Used Silica to start with. Changed to Cotton about 2 weeks ago, as it stands would not go back to silica. My PT2 was vaping happily at 15 watts with cotton, on Silica I got burnt taste at 8.5.

My KFL+ is micro coiled with cotton and damn it is good. Mrs has a cotton build in her Evod too on her ego battery.

I still use silica from time to time in drippers but mainly because I'm trying to use it all up. I need to put another Stealthvape Ekowool order in as I haven't finished experimenting with that and I prefer it to silica for wicking with the coils I set up.

Also, I find I'll change the type of wick depending upon the juice I want to vape. For example, I use mesh with a cotton head and microcoil for any juice I'm putting into a genny.

Back
Top Bottom