What's new

Sick of the Genesis

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the advantage of SS?
Stainless Steel in my opinion is a scrubber. A bit like a Steel Soap, does that not effect the vape, probably more so if using a steel drip tip.

It's food grade ss, not industrial which would just be wrong. The best drip tip to vape with is glass which leaves no metallic or plasticky aftertastes as some tips do.

They're not bad little buggers. I use them with the clear tubes & non acidic juices. Haven't had any problem with the finish coming off or etching. These are the only ones I have that aren't stainless, but they vape just as well when set up properly.

I use them on my Twists. I set them up around 2Ω. I use a either a fat toothpick or a Q-tip to wrap my coil - Petar K method. I use a 6/7 wrap of 32ga (.20 ?) Kanthal and leave the tails long. Then drop the toothpick/Q-tip shaft into the wick hole and secure the ends. Pulse it a few times @ low volts and then stuff the oxidized wick in. 90% of the time, no hot spots. All in all, including seasoning a wick, it's a 5 minute job.

Maybe a little OTT to say Sick of it, but it's been sitting in the cupboard for about 2 weeks. Last tried on the Silica Wick, it's ok but no better than a good Nova. Am I missing the point here, thought these were meant to be great.
Ok, @ZT - Yes maybe I should have gone with the Aga-T like you advised.

It is a 5 mins job ... or can be ... after practise!

Its a right faff from noob .. there is defo a learning/practise curve, sadly that curve is enough to put some people off .. a lot of people just want something that will work from the outset .

Me I love it ... But dont always have the time to set it up.

True. It probably took me longer than 5 min to oxidize the wick my first couple of times. I got sucked into the torch-quench 3x + 3x juice burn in the beginning. Wasted too much time like that.

Now I just lightly torch the mesh before I roll it and then once more after it's rolled. No more juice burning either. Roll it just tight enough to slide into the coil with barely any resistance.

It is a 5 mins job ... or can be ... after practise!

Its a right faff from noob .. there is defo a learning/practise curve, sadly that curve is enough to put some people off .. a lot of people just want something that will work from the outset .

Me I love it ... But dont always have the time to set it up.

My biggest gripe is the reliability of using a mesh. A few times, I had it firing fine, then it would just short out. Maybe I wasn't getting enough juice through so it cleaned the wick while firing.
I then moved to silica. Ok, no problems with conductivity there but then filling was a pain because it air locked and blew juice out.
To be honest, the Nova, I take the top off, fill with juice (not needing a needle) soak and fire away.
So, maybe if the Aga has a larger filling hole my problems will be solved.

James the Aga has the ability to have 3 holes all open at once should you need it ... so shouldnt be an issue with trapped air.

I just dont get the entire mesh / wick thing at all. I want to vape my juice i.e in tank, vape and job done. I could not be arsed with all the farting around tbh but thats just me lol. I guess it works out cheaper, but really that much cheaper than a carto of vivi head?

Initial cost is actually quite high.
Unit
Mesh
Wire
Juice when oxidising
Burner (if you do not have one)
Postage on the above, usually from different vendors.

I suppose it is meant to be cleaner, and that's what I am looking for right now.

Initial cost is actually quite high.
Unit
Mesh
Wire
Juice when oxidising
Burner (if you do not have one)
Postage on the above, usually from different vendors.

I suppose it is meant to be cleaner, and that's what I am looking for right now.

Cleaner in what way, I dont see how it could be cleaner than a carto or nova tbh but maybe wrong.

Back
Top Bottom