What's new

Short and early review - Twisted Messes/Ohm Boy "Dang" RTA

I slammed the coils on my build today - then raised them up a tad with a screwdriver. It works well. Super smooth vaping at 100W. I just don't like the juice!

Well, I have plenty of wick cotton so will rewick tomorrow and give it a good rinse out.

I'm trying to determine the differences between this RDA and my VV Mesh 2. I think the airflow is a bit less restricted on this one (although the VV is no slouch). The holes on the Dang are bigger - but there are less of them. The VVM2 gives great flavour at 60W, but this one seems to like higher wattages with these Juggernaut coils. Hardly surprising as there's more metal to heat up.

So far, I have had different juices in each one. But I should really put the same juice in each and do a side to side comparison for flavour. I might do that in the morning.
I rarely go over 70w, with any build, except with a mech. But those juggernauts
Like their W's. I recall I ran them on a Limitless plus RDTA @85w or there about.

30T is a Samsung 35 Amp 27100 battery. It's said to hit the hardest of all batteries. Hit effectively means deliver the most amps, to the coil, making it heat up faster. I'm sure there's a more accurate description, but it's close enough.

Ah... got it. I am running Sony VTC5As.

I understand maximum discharge rates - I used to be an electronic engineer! I've never payed with mechs though, but might add that to the list of things to learn about.

Ah... got it. I am running Sony VTC5As.

I understand maximum discharge rates - I used to be an electronic engineer! I've never payed with mechs though, but might add that to the list of things to learn about.
If you're fully conversant with ohms law, you should definitely look into mechs. There's a thriving section, here, pop in.

yeah, forgive me, it's a standard reaction, to me, to explain. Sorry.

If you're fully conversant with ohms law, you should definitely look into mechs. There's a thriving section, here, pop in.

yeah, forgive me, it's a standard reaction, to me, to explain. Sorry.

I might just do that. Some of them look very elegant indeed and may be where I end up going....

So.....been messing with the Dang! for a while now and I absolutely love it. I has become my go to squonk RDA now. Currently running a pair of trips-core Claptons at 75W with General Custard juice and it's excellent. Superb flavour.

The only downside to it is that it does get a bit hot if you chain vape!

So.....been messing with the Dang! for a while now and I absolutely love it. I has become my go to squonk RDA now. Currently running a pair of trips-core Claptons at 75W with General Custard juice and it's excellent. Superb flavour.

The only downside to it is that it does get a bit hot if you chain vape!

Yep, gotta admit I've dug the old Dang out. Funnily enough with much the same build, as you. And yes, if you throw some watts at it, it really begins to shine. The heat, as you say, is a real problem though. Especially for a hybrid mech user. It gets so hot it beginning to affect the battery wraps.

the deck itself is both this RDAS claim to fame and it achilles heal. It's very easy to build on and wick, but holds heat like a storage heater. Getting far too hot after 6 draws on a .15ohm build. And I'll not mention the binding that can happen as you put the cap on. One thing I've noticed is it's very hard to get both coils to heat up together. Try as I might one coils always lags behind.

The AFC is a pleasure to use, which makes a change, the gnarled grip proving just right for fine adjustments. The o-rings all round, seem perfect.

as for looks, maybe I should have gone for the black version, but I find its looks uninspiring.

so, it's true I've reappraise my Dang view. But I'm still left facing the fact that this, comparatively expensive RDA (£35-45) is equaled or outperformed by many RDAs out there costing much less.

so would I buy another Dang? Nope.

Back
Top Bottom