What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Screws on SXK Doggystyle

Ettrick

Postman
When I try to screw the wire down on the SXK Doggystyle the screws push the wire out.
I've tried 26 and 28 gauge.
The only way I could do it was keeping the coil jig in place pulling the wire tight with pliers around the screws then screwing down but you need 3 hands for that.
Has anyone got a solution?

Leave the ends a bit longer, wind the wire round the screws then hold it against the edge of the deck with one of the fingers of the hand that’s holding the coil. I find I. we’d to do that with all tanks really, or the wire doesn’t clamp tight.

Leave the ends a bit longer, wind the wire round the screws then hold it against the edge of the deck with one of the fingers of the hand that’s holding the coil. I find I. we’d to do that with all tanks really, or the wire doesn’t clamp tight.

Do you mean wind the wire all the way around the screw? 360 degrees?
I've been doing it the normal way but the bloody screws force the wire out.

Just less than 180 degrees, and hold it against the deck with the thumb of your left hand, if you’re right handed.

Just less than 180 degrees, and hold it against the deck with the thumb of your left hand, if you’re right handed.

That's what I've been doing mate.
I think I'll need to find better screws.
I've got an idea that the Chinese can have for free.
The screws could have a kind of file like structure on the bottom of the heads. This would grip the wire better.
I'll keep an eye out on fasttech to see when they start selling my idea.

Like this:

20170502_211057-jpeg.126346

God they were quick copying my idea!
Have you got a link for those speedfreak?

make sure you wind your coils right way too, if you wind them so the screw is pulling the wire in, rather than pushing against it... they'll grip a lot better too.

.... if you know what I mean.

God they were quick copying my idea!
Have you got a link for those speedfreak?
Umm... thats my photo of my first build on the doggystyle. Wind your coils the same direction as mine (like @Simon G said), and then when you wrap the legs halfway around the screws, the screws turn in the same direction, pulling them in as you tighten them, rather than pushing them out.

I think one of mine doggies has dodgy machining on one of the screw holes. It's at an angle that forces wire to side.
153xoh5.jpg
[/IMG]
fOJenT

Back
Top Bottom