What's new

Say goodbye to dry hits on Genesis atties! Kraken dual coil build.

It would be too big. I think cotton is the way to go as it also aids in wicking.

Ok... so let me ask you this; 1st off let me preface this question by explaining my past experiences with geni tanks. It seems like every tank I've ever bought, whether it's a fogger, kraken or Villa, they all had a metallic taste that I found Un appealing. So I tend to stick with my aspire and taifun tanks. But I also suffer from Shineyidus, and I bought a Youde AGA T4 just because it looked good on my mod. Built my coils, replaced the mesh with ecowool and I still got some but not a lot of that same metallic taste. My question to you is this; where is that metallic taste coming from and why?

Ok... so let me ask you this; 1st off let me preface this question by explaining my past experiences with geni tanks. It seems like every tank I've ever bought, whether it's a fogger, kraken or Villa, they all had a metallic taste that I found Un appealing. So I tend to stick with my aspire and taifun tanks. But I also suffer from Shineyidus, and I bought a Youde AGA T4 just because it looked good on my mod. Built my coils, replaced the mesh with ecowool and I still got some but not a lot of that same metallic taste. My question to you is this; where is that metallic taste coming from and why?

Machine oil. I always dismantle any new tank and thoroughly clean it. Drip tips too.

Damn it... I feel like a dork. I should have known that, being that I was a machinest in my youth.

Have you tried using a non metal drip tip? I know some people get a metallic taste from metal drip tips.

Sent with kind regards and salutations.

Just to add into this thread ( as it's about the kraken, may as well keep it together )

Really into this at the moment, 1.2 single coil with simple cotton wick into the tank, up and over the coil with the cotton just coming back down onto the base to soak any excess. Saw all the tutorials on SS mesh etc and couldn't be arsed to build it like that. Sure it's good but cotton is simple.

I fill the tank through the hole at the bottom of the coil using a needle syringe head. And to date not a single leak, loads of flavour. :)

Just out of the way the the gennys are designed, I maybe tilt it upside down for a second on every 10th toke.

Even to the point that the GT hasn't been used in 4 days.

Not done a dual coil yet as to be honest, not even sure if I'd need too. - Took it into work and was doing so much vaper from it, workmates have nicknamed it the 'Marley' lol.

Liking this for sure.

Bought a couple of Genesis Atty's including a Kraken, and bar one I've not been able to get a decent non metallic taste on.

I've spent hours oxidising stainless mesh, and trying various wick and coil set ups. Maybe its the way I'm vaping, and I'm not tilting it enough for liquid flow?

Either way, I'll have a go at this tomorrow.

:)

Just to add into this thread ( as it's about the kraken, may as well keep it together )

Really into this at the moment, 1.2 single coil with simple cotton wick into the tank, up and over the coil with the cotton just coming back down onto the base to soak any excess. Saw all the tutorials on SS mesh etc and couldn't be arsed to build it like that. Sure it's good but cotton is simple.

I fill the tank through the hole at the bottom of the coil using a needle syringe head. And to date not a single leak, loads of flavour. :)

Just out of the way the the gennys are designed, I maybe tilt it upside down for a second on every 10th toke.

Even to the point that the GT hasn't been used in 4 days.

Not done a dual coil yet as to be honest, not even sure if I'd need too. - Took it into work and was doing so much vaper from it, workmates have nicknamed it the 'Marley' lol.

Liking this for sure.

Have you thoroughly dismantled and cleaned the atties. It sounds like machine oil to me.

Have you thoroughly dismantled and cleaned the atties. It sounds like machine oil to me.

Seedy, not sure if you were meant to quote me ;)

( If it was - then yes, was fully cleaned through before use ) :)

Back
Top Bottom