What's new

RTA that vapes like an RDA?

tonystr

Postman
I've been away fom the vape scene for a good while. There's so many new tanks and stuff I'm not sure where to start.

I've been vaping on RDAs only, Drop, Goon, Recurve etc. if anyone remembers these. I need something for when I am out and about.

I make my own coils usually kanthal dual fused claptons and my own juice. I like a fairly unrestricted draw with clouds and flavour. I usually vape at around 70W.

So basically I am looking for an RTA which is close in vaping style to an RDA. Most RTAs I've tried usually lack in flavour and clouds. After a few fills I go back to my RDAs cos the RTAs are usually lacking in flavour, leak or too much aggro. I'm just after a good rock solid RTA that actually works. Isn't everyone? Yeah I've tried squonking, if that's still a thing and RDTAs.

On my wishlist would be:

At least 3ml capacity
Dual coil, but single may do
Not gonna leak everywhere
Good flavour and clouds (DTL)
I hate a dry hit, so an RTA that wicks well
Glass tank not plastic
Easy to build is not so important
Non-mesh

So basically I'm looking for the Holy Grail of RTAs

TIA Tony

Aromamizer... go big or go home :D

IMG_2677.jpeg

My favourites are all oldies but goodies, in no particular order-

Advken Manta
Vandy Vape Kensei
Reload 24

The Manta and Kensei still turn up occasionally and tend to be pretty cheap. The Reload, not so much, but decent clones are easy to find.

I generally vape RDAs at home (at the moment the Goon 1.5, Vandy Vape Bonza and Phobia) and RTAs when outdoors - the RTAs give just as good a vape as the RDAs.

I finally got a few mins to sit down and think about this.

Thanks to all for replying with your suggestions, there's a lot to look thru. I had a very quick search, I think the Aromamiser is gonna be at the top of my list, yes it's massive and holds lots of juice. As long as I can get a decent lung-full of flavour out of it without dry hitting that's what I need.

@John R what mod have you got your tank on, looks good. Do I have to use mesh with the aromamiser (wud rather not)? do I need to get the advanced V3 version.

I'm looking for something simple for daily use, if it's too much of a pain it'll just get used once then into the cupboard it will go.

Merci

@tonystr I’ve never got on with the aromamizer’s, plus they can be finicky to wick properly and they WILL leak if you leave them on their side, I know a lot of other people swear by them though.

Recently I’ve been enjoying the wotofo trollX rta so that might be worth a look, or there’s the new Aspire Kumo rdta which I’m testing currently... might be a tad too restricted for you though and it’s a plastic tank (but there is an alternate metal one in the box)

they can be finicky to wick properly and they WILL leak if you leave them on their side

Nope and nope. Put your scissors to the side of the deck then move it out around 5mm on the wick, snip there and gently tuck, no leaks for me either.

Back
Top Bottom