What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

RSST flooding issue

Barracuda

Postman
Hi gang

received my first geni type atti this morn being the rsst, along with 0.2 wire and 400 ss mesh.

keen as mustard i set about placing my building knowledge to the test.

first i wrapped around a small screwdriver of about 2mm then oxidised the mesh and quenched 4 times then burnt juice on 3x, top half only.

great, thats gone well and popped it in the hole.

wick went very well to, got it all glowing a goodun and resistance is showing 2.0 ohms onthe vamo.

well with that done i was feeling proud of myself so filled the tank with juice, started to test and and found that i had sucked the juice out of the tank which came up the mesh like a straw.

odd, as when i take off the little silicone fill stopper its fine, i guess this is because air is going in as you draw on it.

has anyone experienced this happen? as i can't suss it out atm.

thanks.

your wick could be too loose or you tilted it too much mate, thats all I can think of, any pics pal

carl

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368271302.822059.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368271330.797021.jpg

Wick felt tight enough as there is no slack parts plus pulled the top of the mesh slightly toward the post.

sorry just re read your first post mate. keep the filler butt plug off mate, wick looks fine as well, just remember not to geny tilt the other way or your juice will come out, I never block the filling hole up. This may well be your issue as you point out when its not in its fine, Geny are a all new game mate :)

Carl

Cheers Carl, thought this to be the case after i thought about it.

different indeed mate, can't believe how good the flavour is either after only 2 puffs... :drool:

I never leave the filler screw in either, after I lost my first one and realised they work so much better with more airflow (gennies in general that is!). They just wick better.

Just had exactly the same scenario mate.

Fill hole plunger seems to create a vacuum.

Glad it ain't just me, as I too had been rather pleased with myself upto that point :D

I used the pulse method rather than quenching, and still a works a treat.

cracking bit of kit for 26 squids delivered :)

Just had the same experience and agree with the vacuum explanation. Never left a plug in before but thought I'd give it a go. Plug now binned.

I found the air hole a little tight also ,(been using pro tank all week before) which would also create more pressure vacuum . I drilled mine out to 1.5mm .

Back
Top Bottom