What's new

Rebuilding an ego c atomiser?

Robzki

Postman
Hi all,

i know I haven't been here long but would love some help :)

I know that the ego c isn't rated by most but I find it a good pocket vape device, I've been using mine for weeks and had no leaks and gives a good vape. I have used 3 atomisers and although they are cheap enough I can't really find a reason to buy new ones when the old ones work fine but suffer from the odd burnt hit the older they get. I have seen a ubend clip of making a SS wick but I would rather try silica. Is that possible? I have tried 3 strands of 1mm and I am getting a burnt hit every few vapes. I have dry burnt the coil and cleaned it and it is perfectly clean and glowing evenly all over. I'm sure it is a wicking issue.

I'm unsure whether the wick in the spike is supposed to touch the coil or not or whether the tiny piece of mesh that comes in the Oem atomiser is needed or even what it's purpose is.

I know it is a long shot but if anyone has reworked one of these with silica with success please let me know. I don't mind throwing away something that is beyond repair but I also don't like wasting money if something can be repaired to give it a new lease of life.

i know the ego c isn't really a rebuildable but I didn't know where else to post this

thanks again

Rob

i don't know Robzki as i have never owned any but i suppose it is the same as most of the ego tanks they have a wick inside the spike like in the Bianzi which touches the coil what ever it is built with to feed it with Juice
hope this Helps might stop the dry Hits Only one way to Check unless someone else Post who knows
and i don't think it matters what you are Vaping on M8 POTV don't discriminate lol

It sounds like juice isn't getting through the wick or to the wick. If you put these away for a few days or store them somewhere really warm that can happen. If you re-wick or use a new one, it is advisable to prime the wick until its sodden with juice before first vape and leave it for a few minutes before you use it. The same if it dries out. There's a capillary action going on when all's fine and dandy and charred bits get in the way of that. If the end burns and chars it starts at the atomizer end and the effect can work its way up. The taste when it burns is disgusting

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, any help has been appreciated :)

I have had a reply elsewhere that works a treat and thought I'd share:

"The little bit of SS mesh is to wedge the wick inside the spike section to stop it sliding and falling off. The wick itself is silica..Take a 1mm silica wick and double it and wrap the little piece of SS mesh around both strands so you have a loop of suitable size.. Pop out the top cap and insert the wick from the bottom using tweezers or through the spike if you can, so basically you have a "U" shaped wick under the spike. Press the spike cap back in and drip a 3-4 drops in the spike and press it back in.

Then you can try vaping without a tank and see if the wick is carrying juice to your coil then vape as normal. If you are still getting dry hits you may need to make the "U" bigger so that there is contact between the spike wick and the coil."

This works perfectly,I have made the u shape piece of wick under the spike about 1/4" long which i think is a little long but vapes better than new now in my opinion. It uses about 1" of 1mm wick and a piece of SS mesh around 5mm x 20mm. I am using a piece of #270 which came free with the #400 I ordered from themeshcompany and it is perfect. No dry hits in the past 24hrs and is so quick and cheap to do I wouldn't mind doing it daily :)

i'll keep this thread updated as to how long it lasts before needing a rewick.

Rob

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom