What's new

Rebuildables: Beginners experiences

Re: RDA:An amateurs experience

Asda, tescos, poundland etc you can get them everywhere very cheaply

I popped into my local hardware shop and bought a couple of them for the grand total of 35p each! It's a great shop, smells of creasote and mothballs and sells everything :)

Old fashioned hardware shops are great though they do remind me of the Two Ronnies sketch 'Fork andles' :)

Yay my rta has arrived, but I'm having problems with photo bucket so photos will have to wait! So far I am really impressed. First wick was way too thin so couldn't feed enough juice up-back to the drawing board. Second wick much better, but a nightmare to feed it down the holes into the tank. Flavour and vapour production is fantastic, and the thing is a work of art. Photos don't do it justice, it is beautifully made-real craftsmanship. I just want to make more coils and play with it, but this one seems to be working well so I'm going to try and leave it alone :) as soon as photo bucket works properly i'll get some piccies up.

Yeay
We need photos! Glad you're getting on with it so quickly !

Are you using the 1mm wick? How many did you use?

Can't wait til mine turns up. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

1st I used 1mm but it was rubbish, just way to thin to do the job. 2mm is much better, plus I've done an extra loop of wick for the 3rd hole. Next one I'm going to split the main wick to put in the 3rd hole, mainly to spread the wick and also it will look neater. My only slight gripe is the hole for the drip tip is a little wide so I have to use my cheaper Ming until I get some better orings.
Im really glad I got wick in advance, I don't much like the look of the stuff that came with it, it's very fluffy and has loads of loose fibres. The stuff I got from Germany is very tidy looking. Just hope my provari comes quickly cos the other lavatube still hasn't come and my old one is mucking about badly!

The wick that came with the RDA was too thin, almost wispy, and came apart easily. I think thick wick,thick wire is best and if necessary up the welly to get the hit

Just tried one with the .2 kanthal and the 2mm wick-fuck me! This is a monster. I've only had a couple of blasts and the vapour is massive. I'm actually feeling a little nauseous so I think I will be cutting down my Nic content (I normally only use 11mg). The flavour is incredible too, so intense. I've given it 7 wraps and am vaping it at 3.4v!!! I knew it was good from the reviews but I never expected this :D

Back
Top Bottom