What's new

Rebuildables: Beginners experiences

I've been fiddling again!!! I was having problems over the weekend, ok flavour but dry hits galore and not much in the way of clouds. I've been wrapping my coils round a needle and have found that that was the problem. I've just tried using a straightened paper clip and it is now billowing out tons. I think I was wrapping too tight. You could move the wire up and down but not that freely. Now it is alot looser, but not so much that it's slipping off. I'm much happier now :) just got to break the wick in alittle so the flavour comes through cleaner and I'll be in heaven. It's mad that we all do things differently!

Heh ... im having my first go at building a coil for my vivi when the gear turns up this week .. I dont hold out a lot of hope :)

Do you need to heat the coil wire before you do it ?

Do you need to heat the coil wire before you do it ?
No you don't heat the coil wire before hand as we want that to be nice and conductive. I think the point of heating/oxidising the mesh style wicks is that we DONT want those to conduct electricity and cause shorts. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong

Correct, Oxidizing a Mesh Wick stops it from conducting, which is a bad thing. The Coil goes from a pos to a neg connection and the bit in between (the mesh wick) only needs to be heated not electrified!

No you don't heat the coil wire before hand as we want that to be nice and conductive. I think the point of heating/oxidising the mesh style wicks is that we DONT want those to conduct electricity and cause shorts. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong

Heating up the wire takes out the springing, makes it easier to coil

Oi vey so much to learn!

The mesh wicks are super easy PF :D and you get to play with fire!

I'm not sure that's a good idea-I'm a fire starter, twisted fire starter :D

Back
Top Bottom