What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Rebuildables: Beginners experiences

Now I'm getting pissed off! I tried 4 loops and it came out at 1ohm and shut down the provari (error code e1), so I tried again with 5 loops. This time 1.1ohm, shut down the provari (error code e1 then followed by e2). Then I tried 7 coils again and got it to 2ohms but this time I got another error code (e7 or 8) and then it wouldn't power at all. Took out the battery gave it a wipe down and a shake and it seems to be ok again now. I think I need to give the provari an alcohol bath as it seems to be abit temperamental. It's better in the vapour department but still a little underwhelming. Flavour is good but I was expecting more performance. It seems to be wicking better now so I'm getting that right though :)

I dont know how many ohms I have! but I get cloooooooooooouds!

Sorry Ive not been about today!

Now I'm getting pissed off! I tried 4 loops and it came out at 1ohm and shut down the provari (error code e1), so I tried again with 5 loops. This time 1.1ohm, shut down the provari (error code e1 then followed by e2). Then I tried 7 coils again and got it to 2ohms but this time I got another error code (e7 or 8) and then it wouldn't power at all. Took out the battery gave it a wipe down and a shake and it seems to be ok again now. I think I need to give the provari an alcohol bath as it seems to be abit temperamental. It's better in the vapour department but still a little underwhelming. Flavour is good but I was expecting more performance. It seems to be wicking better now so I'm getting that right though :)

I know it's a stupid question, but were the coils well spaced and not touching one another or the connection posts?
Sounds like a short to me, especially with 5 loops

If anything there is too much space! I really work hard to keep my spacings even (I'm abit anal like that!). The first error code was for a short, the 2nd was exceeding the power output and the last is a converter fault. I kind of liked it when I didn't know the problem, life was much simpler :) it seems to be ok now but I really want to get lower resistance cos the provari is quite power hungry and I'm getting a lot less battery time out of it.

Im trying to make a video of me vaping the Cobra lol, but I take lil wimpy drags, anything bigger and I choke out. LOL

Ok guys , i think its about time you upped the ante and started making twisted wire coils , you think you have decent vapour now , wait till you start twisting !!!

You can't just leave it open like that :) what is this twisted wire coil you speak of? I'm intrigued!

Back
Top Bottom