What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Re-visiting RTA's

Richard Winter

Achiever
Used to use RTA's a few years ago and found while they were very good and was fun building on them, stock coils and pod was just far less faff.

I treated my self to a couple new RTAs in the Black Friday sales as i thought I'd see how much they've improved. I picked up the OXVA Arbiter and the Digiflavor Torch, both pretty large RTA's and for the price seemed well worth it.

A few weeks ago I built on both of them using the stock coils and wick that come with them and were really easy to build on. Straight away with no fiddling, the performance was fantastic. The flavour from both made me realise what I'd been missing.

I'm definately a convert again.

You need an Advken Manta, a Kizoku unlimit. The Manta has for me stood the test of time and still my main go to. The unlimit rivals if not betters the QP designs Fatalirty rta and can be picked up for £9 at ukvapekings.
Manta's seem to be like white dog shit they where everywhere but you never see them nowadays.
Oh and if you get board of the Unlimit as an RTA you can always use Falcon coils with it. Original wasp Nano rta's are a must for excellent single coil rta's. Obviously there are many good rta's around. but these 3 are RTA's i would not like to be without .
Wasp Nano v2 blotto single coil rta's on way hoping they are as good as their predecessors and versions of.

You need an Advken Manta, a Kizoku unlimit. The Manta has for me stood the test of time and still my main go to. The unlimit rivals if not betters the QP designs Fatalirty rta and can be picked up for £9 at ukvapekings.
Manta's seem to be like white dog shit they where everywhere but you never see them nowadays.
Oh and if you get board of the Unlimit as an RTA you can always use Falcon coils with it. Original wasp Nano rta's are a must for excellent single coil rta's. Obviously there are many good rta's around. but these 3 are RTA's i would not like to be without .
Wasp Nano v2 blotto single coil rta's on way hoping they are as good as their predecessors and versions of.
I will take your advice on board @crustyfolker but will hold fire in spending any more pennies for now. If I can sneak them in without the missus seeing I will do. In my many years of vaping I've amassed rather a lot of kit and these days have to hide it away from prying eyes lol.

I will take your advice on board @crustyfolker but will hold fire in spending any more pennies for now. If I can sneak them in without the missus seeing I will do. In my many years of vaping I've amassed rather a lot of kit and these days have to hide it away from prying eyes lol.

Sell your unused gear then lol. I am in the middle of doing a bit of a cull myself at the moment as i also have way to much gear, luckily i have no one on my case. What i never understand is ex smokers saying they can't afford this or that .surely a £70 a week habit ie 20 a day would leave an ex smoker £280 a month to spend on gear. Other halfs get the blame but if you spent £70 a week on fags surely £25 a week to vape or put towards vaping ain't going to be missed, unless the other half wants all the spare cash to spend, That's a no no . Equal rights opportunites etc. I think the best way round things is you and Mrs RichardWinter have the same amount of spending money each week/Month. That's what me and the ex wife did and it saved lots of moaning, both ways

Sell your unused gear then lol. I am in the middle of doing a bit of a cull myself at the moment as i also have way to much gear, luckily i have no one on my case. What i never understand is ex smokers saying they can't afford this or that .surely a £70 a week habit ie 20 a day would leave an ex smoker £280 a month to spend on gear. Other halfs get the blame but if you spent £70 a week on fags surely £25 a week to vape or put towards vaping ain't going to be missed, unless the other half wants all the spare cash to spend, That's a no no . Equal rights opportunites etc. I think the best way round things is you and Mrs RichardWinter have the same amount of spending money each week/Month. That's what me and the ex wife did and it saved lots of moaning, both ways
Oh no, I'd never sell any of my gear, nostalgia and all that. I been vaping for around 7yrs now and in that time have around 180 mods and over 200 different tanks/rdas/rtas and keeps on growing.

My addiction is a passion and hobby. In all seriousness, the missus is really good, she just rolls her eyes at me. My passion is vaping, hers is shoes, handbags and jewelry so out the two of us she comes off a lot better lol.

Oh no, I'd never sell any of my gear, nostalgia and all that. I been vaping for around 7yrs now and in that time have around 180 mods and over 200 different tanks/rdas/rtas and keeps on growing.

My addiction is a passion and hobby. In all seriousness, the missus is really good, she just rolls her eyes at me. My passion is vaping, hers is shoes, handbags and jewelry so out the two of us she comes off a lot better lol.

Same with me, sure I gave my brother a few things to help him get started but I like having old vape gear & go back to them all the time. If I sold something I'd probably be hunting down another in a few months time

Top airflow RTA's FTW. They're the only tank I'll take out with me now, avoids any potential leaks in the pocket & nothing worse than it happening while driving :18:

Last edited:

Must be a potv record, I feel better now, I thought I had a lot of gear but nowhere near that much :18:

I'm terrible for finding something I like then buying a couple more of the same device just in case it breaks. Quite a bit of my old gear I still use from time to time and still enjoy vaping them.

My two sons vape and I do end up giving them quite a few bits but always make sure I've got backups of that device.

Back
Top Bottom